comparing the religious and non-religious (1 Viewer)

smurkie

HSC
i dont understand what the doit points:
• Compare the response of one religious and one non-religious belief system to:
human person and
social responsibility

mean! ive done this dot point successfully for the concept of the transcendent in relation to christianity and humanism but i don't understand what it means by their response to the human person and social responsibility

someone help!

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Ok, well the first dot point basically refers to the nature of humanity - how they came about and their spiritual nature - how they relate to God.

My sample response is this:

ii) Christians believe that their human race has been created in the “image and likeness” of God as stated in Genesis 1,2. They believe that humans were made to be perfect, but due to evil, humans have fallen from the state of perfection, thus the process of physical death exists. They also believe that each human person has a purpose in life given to them by God, and that variation among all humans is part of God’s will. However, Atheists believe that human variation is due to the process of evolution from Apes and from this humans have arrived on earth. This is a similar notion that Christians also share to an extent. Atheists also believe that a true human is one that lives openly and has infinite understanding, but Christians believe that humans have limited knowledge.

The second dot point refers to WHAT humans are supposed to do - purpose, WHY they are to do it, hence HOW they are supposed to live - lifestyles and routines.

My sample response is this:

iii) Christians believe that they are part of God’s family, and that all people are His children. They also believe that their moral duty is to follow the actions of Jesus Christ; to love and forgive all people. The commandment “thou shall love thy neighbour and thyself” reinforces the duty to be socially responsible by serving the needs of others. Atheists believe that they have legal rights that derive from the legal system, which is also similar in Christianity. However, they do not acknowledge any sort of ‘moral obligation’ in their lives because they have rights to live individual lives where they have the choice to make ‘moral’ decisions.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
yoakim said:
Atheists also believe that a true human is one that lives openly and has infinite understanding, but Christians believe that humans have limited knowledge.

Atheists believe that they have legal rights that derive from the legal system, which is also similar in Christianity. However, they do not acknowledge any sort of ‘moral obligation’ in their lives because they have rights to live individual lives where they have the choice to make ‘moral’ decisions.
Those two statements are both wrong.... but if the point of this exam is to make baseless statements about athiests to make them seem inferior to christians then you are doing well.

all4gsus

HSC
thankyou so much!! i had literally half a sentence on social responsibility and nothing on the others... at least now i understand what they're saying!!

btw, iamsickofyr12, i dont think he ws attacking athiests, and not trying to make them seem inferior to christians at all. and just as a question, because i'm interested to know how the first statement

<i>Atheists also believe that a true human is one that lives openly and has infinite understanding, but Christians believe that humans have limited knowledge.</i>

makes athiests seem inferior!? to me that doesn't make them seem inferior at all! but if you'd like to explain it to me, i'd be more than happy to listen!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)