COMSOC seriously sucks...sending out overdue messages/emails..unorganised & worthless (1 Viewer)

dexst8r

HSC
N/A
did any of you guys get their 'recent email' to an invitation for Deutsche Bank on Sept 4 in Sydney?

I clucked on the website and as you may predict, it said "this registration has now closed"

COMSOC seriously are the most unrespected, shit, crap and low society in UNSW....:mad1::burn:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
dexst8er said:
COMSOC seriously are the most unrespected, shit, crap and low society in UNSW....
hey did you consider maybe that you should have found out about this deutsche bank event earlier by self-initiating the process? yet you call comsoc unorganised and worthless. if you cant budge to get your applications on time by checking regularly on their website. then wouldnt that be your fault?

and to call comsoc "unrespected, shit, crap and low society in UNSW....", can you warrant these words with evidence, besides the representation of one email to the rest of the work the society has been able to provide over the years?

if you feel that you can do a better job than the current board, then feel free to turn up to the agm and help make it right. make it a better society! theres no point in whinging when you cant perform.

until then, haha suck on it troll!

Last edited:

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
wahh wahh

they do it for free, they're not obliged to let you know about this shit

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh like uhawww just mentioned. the people in comsoc do not get paid for it. they do it for free. they volunteers. and what a lot of people dont recognise is that these are student volunteers.

thats right STUDENT volunteers. meaning that they are primarily students and secondly are volunteers.

Chris.

HSC
Re: COMSOC seriously sucks...sending out overdue messages/emails..unorganised & worth

ive been at uni for two years and still dont know what COMSOC do.

just dont join

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Re: COMSOC seriously sucks...sending out overdue messages/emails..unorganised & worth

Chris. said:
ive been at uni for two years and still dont know what COMSOC do.

just dont join
er...

if you're doing commerce/eco, you are automatically part of the COMSOC.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
There's a lot of ego in this thread. Just the stress of assessments everyone? (I have one due in a couple of days and have yet to start, you beauty)

wrong_turn said:
hey did you consider maybe that you should have found out about this deutsche bank event earlier by self-initiating the process? yet you call comsoc unorganised and worthless. if you cant budge to get your applications on time by checking regularly on their website. then wouldnt that be your fault?

and to call comsoc "unrespected, shit, crap and low society in UNSW....", can you warrant these words with evidence, besides the representation of one email to the rest of the work the society has been able to provide over the years?

if you feel that you can do a better job than the current board, then feel free to turn up to the agm and help make it right. make it a better society! theres no point in whinging when you cant perform.

until then, haha suck on it troll!
I'm not sure why you posted that after a hour simmering behind the scenes (delay from your previous post) but YES while i empathise with the fact you are a student and a volunteer for comsoc, perhaps you should be more civil towards others?

Don't get me wrong, the OP was out of line in their slander / calumny. But realistically, you'll encounter these people in life and you cannot always fight fire with fire. Obama. You have a certain image to uphold as a comsoc 'leader' and i'm sure a rational argument would have gone a long way in nullifying the hyperbolic truths of dexter's post.

I say this with great respect for what comsoc has done in the past year. Even though i'm not a commerce student, you have organised (outstandingly) a couple of commerce / law events, and the executives i know are very approachable and nice people.

I guess, just as a fellow executive (of another UNSW society) i find it hypocritical to an extent, that you can defend comsoc and then say "until then, haha suck on it troll!" in one breathe. I sincerely would like to think that you want to encourage more social links between your members than creating a divide between the few disgruntled 'dexters' and the explosive 'leslies'.

Oh and nice video ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXcZDC1QGxg
(I saw natalie once on campus and we had intense eye contact but then she turned away. Clearly as meek as she makes herself out to be).

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
A rational argument only works when those you're arguing against are being calm, rational beings. If morons like him want to behave like a retard and say things like "COMSOC seriously are the most unrespected, shit, crap and low society in UNSW...." then I don't think wrong_turn should have to reply with a single scrap of respect. Honestly I'm surprised he said anything other than "fuck off douchebag".

If anything student volunteers should be the most defensive and fired up when people are talking shit when people are talking shit about their society, since they're the ones who are taking time out of their lives to organise events and careers days etc for the benefit of everyone else.

Perhaps dexter (and people in general) should give respect before wanting to receive respect. Do unto others etc etc.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
thank you jago

and bobness....uumm shhh...

oh and the last bit about "suck on it troll" was referring to the possibility of them being a troll and just a comsoc-hater for no justified reason other than one email judging the whole society.

im just really sick of people complaining yet no one wants to do anything about it.

LOL ps i really want to see natalie. it would be really good to see the tube in flesh.

karoooh

HSC
OMG, hey, wrong_turn, you were most likely my YS group leader during O-Week. I'm pretty sure anyway. :stalk::stalk::stalk: :p

Pace_T

HSC
meh @ comsoc. im in my 3rd year and a member but i havent found anything great about it yet.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
karoooh said:
OMG, hey, wrong_turn, you were most likely my YS group leader during O-Week. I'm pretty sure anyway. :stalk::stalk::stalk: :p
do you mean as a tour guide around the uni or squad leader? because i was never a squad leader.

haha it might be very likely that i might have been your tour leader as ive taken several tours over the 2 years.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
haha a few bosers know who i am.

i only recently came back to bored. thats why you guys dont know who i am haha

if you really want to know...pm

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
just stalked you via the link in your profile to your msnspace

don't think i recognise you :(

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
im taking that off right now hahaha....

thank god for that ay? :p

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I can introduce you two if you want to meet for sexytime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)