Concerning Degree express and transfer to uni... (1 Viewer)

layzie bone

I have a question, the Degree express scheme only covers a selected group of universities depending on the universities listed on your course' degree express.

My question is can you go for a transfer to any uni you want after completeing a diploma for your course? Because the course I want to do has a degree express that only takes you to shit unis like New England.

I want to go to either University of Sydney, UNSW or UTS... and probably Macquarie. And I want to go with the diploma from TAFE... is that possible without going by the degree express?

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
well theres a course u can do its called Laboratory Technology Pathology testing once u complete this course for 2yrs u can transfer to either the degree express @ uow to do biomedical science or u can transfer into most courses @ univeristys just check the website its in the UAC book sumwher near the front oh yer n this course is only avaliable @ ultimo tafe or Granville tafe

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
On the profile page for the tafe course i want to do it states that with my completed diploma i can get advanced standings in the uni version of the course.

But i think most uni's tend to take in tafe grad's, a pathways sort of thing i guess. But perhaps a careers adviser would be better able to advise you?

layzie bone

Thanks for the help.

Because some of the courses I have chosen to do in Semester 2 has uni degree (which allows you a 4 year study Diploma + Degree), but I dont really want to go to their selected universities (UWS, New England, and Wollongong were the only selected choices.

I want to go to UNSW, USYD (both my top priority, but NSW would be higher), UTS and to a lesser extent, Macquarie.

I guess I can do it without the Uni Degree express.

Oh another question, the diploma course goes on about 1 year full time. If I start in Semester 2, which means that I will complete the course mid 2005. Can I attend semester 2 Uni in 2005 with the TAFE degree?

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by layzie bone
I have a question, the Degree express scheme only covers a selected group of universities depending on the universities listed on your course' degree express.

My question is can you go for a transfer to any uni you want after completeing a diploma for your course? Because the course I want to do has a degree express that only takes you to shit unis like New England.

I want to go to either University of Sydney, UNSW or UTS... and probably Macquarie. And I want to go with the diploma from TAFE... is that possible without going by the degree express?
Yes, you can go to any courses in any uni after you have completed the diploma cause the degree express is just an option if wanted to take it as they have an agreement with the TAFE system where they accept certain amount of student each year for the degree express.

But if you wanted to go to UNSW then the marks you have obtain in the diploma and your UAI will be used in the calculation of an NRSL rank where you compete against other Non school leaver for the limited space available.

Originally posted by layzie bone
Thanks for the help.
Oh another question, the diploma course goes on about 1 year full time. If I start in Semester 2, which means that I will complete the course mid 2005. Can I attend semester 2 Uni in 2005 with the TAFE degree?
Yes, but only limited uni's offer mid year acceptance and from my memory UNSW ( where you wanted to go ) donm't accpet mid year students.

I think your best option would be to wait for the beginning of 2006 but you have to apply by Sept 2005

rowie

nice tits.. fancy a shag...
anyway i was wondering does anyone know where i can find out if i can go to tafe do enrolled nursing and then transfer straight into 2nd year nursing at tafe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)