Condensation Polymers (1 Viewer)

MrLuvable

HSC
When two glucose units join together they form sucrose, commonly referred to as table sugar, which is a ___________.

Polyamides can be formed from either one or two different monons but these monomers must have the functional groups: __________ and amine at the end.

Proteins such as wool and silk are naturally occuring polyamides. These proteins contain the same ___________ link as nylons but it is more commonly referred to as a peptide link when discussing proteins.

I wanted to know these were right:
Condensation polymer - First Blank
Peptide Bonds - Third Blank

I dont know the second one. Thanks for any help guys :)

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
When two glucose units join together they form sucrose, commonly referred to as table sugar, which is a polysacharide (or possibly condensation polymer).

Polyamides can be formed from either one or two different monons but these monomers must have the functional groups:Carboxylic acid group and amine at the end.

Proteins such as wool and silk are naturally occuring polyamides. These proteins contain the same ___________ link as nylons but it is more commonly referred to as a peptide link when discussing proteins.

Im not sure about the last one.

singh.with.me

HSC
this is probably stupid but should not the 1st blank be diasaccharide?!
- since we're talking 2 glucose monomers, not many....(ie cellulose or starch..)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)