Conflict in Europe 1935-45 (1 Viewer)

astonvillan89

HSC
Hi,

Our school has decided to tackle 'Conflict in Europe 1935-1945' from the 'International Studies of Peace and Conflict' options... and there are no text books. I'm having problems finding sources and so far the class has been left stranded.

Is anyone else doing this option? If so, what sources are you using/reccommend?

Any suggestions will be welcomed with open hands!!

Thanks so much.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
astonvillan89 said:
Hi,

Our school has decided to tackle 'Conflict in Europe 1935-1945' from the 'International Studies of Peace and Conflict' options... and there are no text books. I'm having problems finding sources and so far the class has been left stranded.

Is anyone else doing this option? If so, what sources are you using/reccommend?

Any suggestions will be welcomed with open hands!!

Thanks so much.
Key Features of Modern History has a whole chapter on it.

HSC
I no hey im doin an assignment on this topic and we hav to find sources. There is like nothin. Dont get me wrong i like the world wars but this is jst stupid

k8eeboi

HSC
Hi. We too are doing it for the first time. Apparently it has been done before ~ on the Extension History topic, so our teacher is teaching us from the old extension text books, although I don't know what it is called (I will let you know when I find out), however if you ask your teacher, I am sure that they will be able to provide you with the extension textbooks (If history extension has run in the past)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
k8eeboi said:
Hi. We too are doing it for the first time. Apparently it has been done before ~ on the Extension History topic, so our teacher is teaching us from the old extension text books, although I don't know what it is called (I will let you know when I find out), however if you ask your teacher, I am sure that they will be able to provide you with the extension textbooks (If history extension has run in the past)
That's only for Appeasement right?

Last edited:

madelyn

HSC
I'm doing this topic too. Does anyone know where I can find the syllabus outcome for the topic? I'm trying to write up my notes

dandel26

HSC
madelyn said:
I'm doing this topic too. Does anyone know where I can find the syllabus outcome for the topic? I'm trying to write up my notes
Its on the Board of studies Modern Syallbus.
Yeah where doing this as well. I've done my notes up to the end of the course of the war. Hopefully that will do for the trials

madelyn

HSC
Yeah, I tried looking through that, but its 90 pages. Can anyone link me to the topic sylabus specifically?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
madelyn said:
Yeah, I tried looking through that, but its 90 pages. Can anyone link me to the topic sylabus specifically?

Syllabus outcomes for this topic are on p 70 of the syllabus.

Syllabus dot points are on p. 72 of the syllabus.

You will have to scroll down the site to reach the pages - sorry.

These page numbers are for the syllabus on the Board of Studies website. For some reason that I don't understand they are different to the page numbers in the hard copy of the syllabus that I am reading at the moment - there they are pages 67 for outcomes and 69 for dot points.

Last edited:

HSC
Can anyone add there study notes to the resources pg to help everybody whos stuffed 4 this topic. im doin it when ive done mine but im stuffed for trails.

Start posting notes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MichaelRoberts

HSC
Triangulum said:
The textbook we're using for this unit is a British one from the Access To History series. It's called Europe at War, 1939-45. It's not written from the NSW Syllabus, so it doesn't cover the leadup to war from 1935 onward, but the war itself is covered in a decent amount of detail. The only other complaint I have about it is that the Holocaust does not feature very much in it (it gets about a page in total, and these are small pages), so it's inadequate for the great emphasis the syllabus places on it. (Especially for us: our 20% assessment task for this topic was entirely on the Holocaust.) That said, if you're looking for the events of the war and analysis of strategy etc. it's a good source.
That was my mate Bryn from the other thread (same school).

Let me suggest the Specimen paper as a good starting point.

Why not make up your own questions! The syllabus outlines the key features and issues. It's from here that they pull essay questions from normally. If you also fish around on the Board website you will find the List of Key Directive terms that will tell you what terms BOS can use in the essay question.

These are the key issues:
  • causes of the conflict
  • aims and strategies of the Allied and Axis powers
  • turning points of the war
  • impact of war on civilians
  • origins, nature and impact of the Holocaust
  • reasons for the Allied victory.
So if you think I'm crazy this is an example:

'Assess the reasons for allied Victory in the Conflict in Europe 1935-45'

or

'Describe the origins, nature and impact of the holocaust'

The questions in the Specimen Paper were:

(a) To what extent was the collapse of collective security the main cause of the
conflict in Europe?
OR
(b) Assess the impact of the conflict in Europe on civilians in Britain AND
EITHER Germany OR the Soviet Union.

Both these come from the above key issues and questions.

I am attempting to get these notes done asap for modern, but they wont be done for a week or so, so not for trials. If you dont have a text book, your teacher must be giving you lots of readings (we're getting both). You should be able to draw up your own answers to these dotpoints from these answers. It maynot be as clear that it is for other subjects, but it is doable!

Good luck for trials

Michael:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)