Conflict Resolution (1 Viewer)

spoonbender

HSC
After negotiations, the two parties (employers/employees) have failed to reach an agreement. The employees then apply to the Industrial relations Commission Industrial Relations Commission for a secret ballot where 70% of members voted in favour of industrial action.

Is this an example conciliation, arbitration or a grievance procedure? And while we're at it, how can you tell the difference between the three? Also, is the IRC/AIRC only concerned with/limited one type of conflict resolution (eg. arbitration)?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'm fairly sure its arbitration, thus making the decision legally binding. I can't remember if they have influence on the others stage. I'm sure they would to some degree

/me so tired

spoonbender

HSC
Thanks guys :D Ok, arbitration it is. And the Biki page makes it look like Grievance Procedure is the umbrella term, and that all the other ones (negotiation, mediation, etc.) are the steps of a grievance procedure. Is this correct?

I'm so confused :\

EDIT: Also, is Industrial Action, like strikes and all that, considered conflict resolution?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)