Confused about Junior/Senior credit pts (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey guys, i'm really confused about the whole majors/units of study thing, so does that mean in your 1st year, u can't take any senior subjects? Or can u do that as long as you fulfill the prerequisites? For example with:
PRFM 2002- An Audience Prepares
it says that the Prerequisite is- 18 Junior credit points in no more than two subject areas including at least 12 from Part A of the Table of Units of Study.

so does that mean if i complete 18 junior credit points in 1st year semester 1, i can choose PRFM 2002 in semester 2 the same year? or do i have to wait till 2nd year because it's a senior unit of study? Cos on the website for Performance Studies, it placed PRFM 2002 under "2nd year performance studies"..i'm really confused!

It'd be great if anyone can help me out with this, thanks!
-marilia- xoxo

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
You should be able to do that unit in second semester providing that you fulfill the requirements ie. 18 junior credit point in no more than two subjects areas including at least 12 from Part A.

So you could do semester 1 - ENGL 1005, ENGL1015, GOVT1101, and GOVT1202 and then do PRFM 2002 in semester 2.

I think thats right...

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
Sadly no you cant take a second year subject in first year unless you have departmental permission (like i did second year subjects as an advanced arts student) but its not avaliable as far im aware unless you contact that course co - ordinator and ask them for special dispensation to attend which i doubt ull get. As far as im aware thats teh only way it works out....simply call them, the rest of us can only guess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)