CONQUER YOUR HSC TRIALS-free seminars-from a 99+ student (1 Viewer)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Great work!
Your seminar is even in my school's newletter, haha. :)
Looking forward to the day :)
Thanks so much for the support:)- Looking forward to seeing you on the day as well:)

For anyone that was wondering whether I am getting paid for these seminars-the short answer is no I am not... I am doing these seminars purely with the intention to give back to my local community and assisting current HSC students:)

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
English tip: Sometimes when you run out of questions, instead of wasting your time in searching for more, it may be better to start creating new questions and thinking about how you can prepare for all imaginable possibilities-this will develop your critical thinking skills as well as increase your preparedness for the exam:)

ManDarren

HSC
bumpity bump. HSC will be definitely be conquered, and yes ill be doing my math lol.

Wonder

HSC
Do you have any final details for people attending? (e.g. where in the library - I've never been to Parramatta library before - what to bring, etc.) Thanks :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you have any final details for people attending? (e.g. where in the library - I've never been to Parramatta library before - what to bring, etc.) Thanks :)
Thanks for reminding me:) I would recommend everyone to bring along a notebook to take notes in and a pen to write, potentially a calculator and a periodic table(since we are doing chemistry after all:)), the seminar will be held in the Darug room in Parramatta Library-the library has three levels, the room is on the top level(and essentially you walk to the end of that level and it should be to your left)-but if in doubt, feel free to ask the staff-they will be more than happy to help you out:)

The most important thing to bring however is an enthusiastic attitude, an inquisitive mind and lots of questions to ask:)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Would love to hear some thoughts on how helpful you found the chemistry seminar:)

flyingmwa

HSC
Would love to hear some thoughts on how helpful you found the chemistry seminar:)
Mei! That was a great and helpful seminar! I learnt many things that I didn't even hear of before! Your tips were really useful and I am sure to apply them!
Also you said you would let us take pictures of the last slides: the key information on what should be covered, unfortunately I was unable to take them so is it ok if you possibly send them to me?
Thanks Mei and Well Done!! :)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Wish I could've come, hope it went well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Hi Mei, thanks for the great seminar! It was really beneficial and motivating! Thanks so much! :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the feedback everyone:) Great to see that people have found it helpful:)-hopefully I will be seeing some of you guys again in one of my English seminars upcoming:)

I am truly grateful for everyone who came today and have thoroughly enjoyed presenting the seminar. If there is anything I can improve upon, please feel free to PM me-it is only through criticisms/comments can make each of my seminar better than the previous one:)

There are still some spots left for both English seminars-so if you or if you know anyone who could be interested, feel free to send me a PM to reserve a spot:)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The location of the seminar for the Parramatta session is at Parramatta Library on Level 3 in the Darug Room-the library is around 1-2 minute walk from the train station. If you are unsure where the Darug room is-feel free to ask the library staff on the day:)

And this seminar is for people doing ESL, Standard and Advanced English-since belonging is the common area of study.

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
English tip 2: it is highly recommended you develop a firm understanding of the rubric- it is the source where all markers will create their questions from.:)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Continue from above: When deconstructing the rubric-make sure you find synonyms for key words-doing this not only for rubric but also for any specific essay questions you are responding towards will assist you in rephrasing the rubric/essay question in your own words-thus assisting you to advance towards creation of a strong conceptual thesis

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you to everyone who came to my English seminar today-I truly had a wonderful time:)-and I hoped for all those who came they have learnt something useful for their trials:)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hoping that my last seminar will be the BEST one so far:) Best wishes for all individuals who came/come to my seminars to conquer their HSC trials and achieve their maximum academic potential:)

purplemoon

HSC
That was a really, really awesome seminar! You touched upon things I've actually never thought of/ heard from teachers :)
Thank you!!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
That was a really, really awesome seminar! You touched upon things I've actually never thought of/ heard from teachers :)
Thank you!!
Thank you for your incredibly kind comments:) I wish you all the best for your trials and HSC:) Remember, if you have any questions, feel free to ask:)

To everyone else, I would more than welcome comments and criticisms-I truly value criticisms-it is through knowing my shortcomings can I know how to improve with each seminar I do:) I have also decided to upload the belonging seminar presentation (but this is strictly for five days only-refer to link in original post)-after five days, I will take the presentation down-so get in quick:)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I also could like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has come to my seminar, particularly my friend Vicky who has came to two seminars to support me. I also could like to thank all the awesome staff at the various libraries who has ensured all my seminars ran smoothly, to Jodie and Anna who has made the awesome promotional posters, to Nathan for assisting with the technical side of things, and finally, but not least, I am greatly indebted to Katherine who has given me these invaluable opportunities to give back to a community which I sincerely love:).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)