Consider this -- Is all you need a degree? (1 Viewer)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
just get yourself a university medal
hehe u jump striaght to the front of the line

but if u can't communicate with people, pointless, i would be looking at work experience more than anything
there are plenty of people who get a degree in what ever, but don't even have a clue as to how to apply their knowledge
textbook nerds are useless, experience is golden

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
For me, a lot of it would come down to the interview and whether the person seemed friendly etc. I also think work experience would be really important.

Frankly I would always hire someone who had worked while studying (even if it was just at a coffee shop or something) before I hired someone who has never worked before.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
id hire da biggest nerd with straight HDs or Ds
who cares about experience.. das not fair if u just u cant work here bcoz u got no experience.... wat if every place says dat. den how u gonna get experience?? LOL yeah well i dont care i'll just hire n e smart dude or dudette dat can get da job done.. i wont see dem.. i'll be in my office doing things with my secretary
hahahah
das my thinking

cheers^^

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I wouldn't care if they didn't have experience in the field, even if they had worked at Wollies or Maccas I would still prefer them over people who haven't worked before because they will have a bit more of an understanding of the real world in my opinion.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
this is completely dependant on your career doesnt it... besides getting into a "prestigious" uni would mean better connections in some areas...

also... getting good grades and having work experience arent mutually exclusive terms...

abdooooo!!!

Banned
of course it depends on everything.

like if you're a Havard MBA, no matter how bad you're grades (providing you pass) and social skills are, you're gonna get a relatively good job anyways... as long as you can speak english and not retarded. LOL

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
it'll be quite strange if you can get a Havard MBA if you are retarded and/or cant speak english.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
sigh~~~ work work =(

exp is highly valued??? grade is nothing???

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
also, if i was looking at unis, i would prob pick someone from newcastle (no, thats not biased) or one of the other ones (ie, not unsw, usyd, that sorta thing) over someone from one of the 'major' unis
why is that??

Originally posted by xiao1985
sigh~~~ work work =(

exp is highly valued??? grade is nothing???
thats the sad fact of life my friend. :eek:

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
Originally posted by BraZen
Consider this hypothetical.

Would you give preferance to someone just becauce they went to a particular university, say just becauce they went to UNSW, UTS, USYD, MAQ, etc. Or would you look at other more personal qualities and skills they have shown in past work experience?

What are you thoughts?
they would choose a UWS student coz UWS is the best

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
we know we're the best, we don't have to say or argue about it
[im just joking]

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
i would only choose UWS if i lived next to it....that way i don't have to catch bus + train everyday!

other than that nah...

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yea... pt bein that everyone most likely r gonna be like praisin their own uniz... there's no real pt on sayin which one is better, nor is there any real evidence... so yea, uni is good, dat's all good... ^^

let us all live in harmony... ^^ love ... peace ... ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)