Considering dropping Economics... (1 Viewer)

Zero Infinite

HSC
I was wondering whether Eco was a prerequisite/recommendation for any Uni course. Considering my options before ditching it. My teacher isn't that good, parts of the course are difficult to understand and I take ages to do work without getting back the results I thought I would get. I am dropping Eco for Year 12 (in Year 11 now). It's a toss up between Eco and Legal; in Eco I average 80-85 and in Legal 85-90 in a Selective School.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
no economics isnt a prerequisite in any uni course
you dont have to do economics in hgih school if you want to do b economics at uni
i think they only cover high school economics for the first few weeks of the semester
but considering your results, 80-85 isnt bad and economics scales higher than legal
should think about this and consult your academic advisor before dropping economics

Zero Infinite

HSC
But the thing is, I'm currently doing 13 units, I want to drop a subject and take up Ext 2 Maths.

About the scaling, that's not going to make much of a difference, is it? Won't it matter more how far above the average I am? In Legal I am 7 points above, Eco I am 3 points above.

At the moment, Eco doesn't seem to be sinking in, but maybe it is because I am not trying hard enough. Also, there's an Eco assessment with a 40 min presentation that's annoying me.

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
The economics course is heaps more interesting in yr 12 tho. I dunno, talk to your teachers about it. I dropped legal studies because I got the same ranking for both economics and legal and my economics teacher told me that economics scales up more. :D:D

Raginsheep

HSC
Just going on with whats been said above, most 1st year economics subjects at uni are pretty much no more than repeats of yr 12 economics.

Zero Infinite

HSC
Thanks a lot guys.

I've decided to stick with Economics, due to the many recommendations of others. I can work on my Economics mark if required, the scaling seems substantially better than Legal Studies, and since it gets more interesting in Year 12... Plus, it will most likely be more useful than Legal Studies to me in Uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)