Constant speed of light (2 Viewers)

zeropoint

HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
but thats all it is. jacaranda already explained the rest... gay aether. physics is the gayest science ever... most hated out of the 3 bio, chem, phy. nothing you learn is right. they just teach it, then after some time they teach something disprove what you've learnt. first light, then wave, then aether, then photons, then i don't whatever else they can make up. :p
Rest assured that you shouldn't feel bad having spent so much time on Galilean Relativity which is the low velocity limit of Special Relativity, because SR is also a limiting case of another theory (quantum field theory), which is itself a limiting case of yet another theory (string theory).

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Which in time will be a limiting case of another theory.. it never stops with physics.

Originally posted by zeropoint
If your velocity relative to the aether is less than the velocity of a train moving at the speed of light, you will observe reflections.
I meant but relative to the train the mirror would stay in the same spot. Should have made that clearer.

Last edited:

Wohzazz

HSC
Can you explain what happens when if aether exist and if it doesn't and how it affect what you see on the mirror

If it does exist, does it mean you see nothing or something?

And if speed of light is constant, and the train is hypothetically moving at the speed of light, shouldn't you see nothing too because it can't catch up to the mirror

The latter doesn't contradict aether's model..does it?

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Xayma
Which in time will be a limiting case of another theory.. it never stops with physics.
i know man. but have seen my sphere theory? i think it makes sense... i posted this on another thread earlier? tell me if you agree?

Originally posted by abdooooo!!
HAHAHAHA. so the guy assumes Mr God to be the first mover...

i believe he also reasoned that the laws of universe cannot be explained and therefore someone must put them there.

but i think they can... just use some sort of sphere model... its like why can't we reach the end of the Earth? because there is none, its a sphere. same with the mover thing, if a bunch of things move in a circle which is the first mover? aren't they all Gods. so you can ask why forever but in the end it should return to the same question you started with... thats my theory on "WHY". so i reach the conclusion that God is a spherical shape.
edit: oops mistake edited now. :)

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
The aether cant exist in that model, because it would require light to be travelling at twice its allowable speed.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Wohzazz
And if speed of light is constant, and the train is hypothetically moving at the speed of light, shouldn't you see nothing too because it can't catch up to the mirror
you idiot :p

i seriously think no one is reading my post... speed of light is not just a constant... it is a universal velocity which comes about because E albert reasoned that time is not universal. hence light will always be relative to you no matter how freaking fast the stupid train is moving. :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
LOL when did I post that ;)

It doesnt have to be spherical just loop back on itself a torus also works or a saddle shaped universe.

But the point is you will reach a void of nothingness, in any model unless it continues in all dimensions which a sphere doesnt. Since if you were to move from the center to the surface above that would be nothing. So at the "top" above you has to be the "bottom".

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Xayma
LOL when did I post that ;)

It doesnt have to be spherical just loop back on itself a torus also works or a saddle shaped universe.

But the point is you will reach a void of nothingness, in any model unless it continues in all dimensions which a sphere doesnt. Since if you were to move from the center to the surface above that would be nothing. So at the "top" above you has to be the "bottom".
LOL my mistake fixed now. ok then i correct myself by saying its a eliptical shape. ;)

how do you know this sphere or elipse can not be stretched? or inflated like a balloon? but anyways who cares no one knows... :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Actually the speed of light is a constant not the velocity of light, since light is bent by gravity, you are saying that it speeds up when it is bent to get the same velocity.

Wohzazz

HSC
you idiot :p

i seriously think no one is reading my post... speed of light is not just a constant... it is a universal velocity which comes about because E albert reasoned that time is not universal. hence light will always be relative to you no matter how freaking fast the stupid train is moving. :p
I think i knew that before all that aether business came in and my head went kind nutts:confused:....so from that i suppose then for the aether model light isn't everywhere then, but rather in a sense it like a 'substance' (like water in air)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
how do you know this sphere or elipse can not be stretched? or inflated like a balloon? but anyways who cares no one knows... :p
The universe looks the same in all directions (on a large scale that is). However when where to reach the outside of this balloon what will be if you continue into that direction nothingness, but you should continue being able to go on and reach the same spot no matter which of the three dimensions you travel in.

duh... in normal english speed = velocity.

hey whats that nerd test... its too long... 500 questions!!!
Speed is a SCALAR quantity, Velocity is a VECTOR quantity. (hmm this came up on the nerd test) there like comparing acceleration and speed.

Last edited:

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Wohzazz
I think i knew that before all that aether business came in and my head went kind nutts:confused:....so from that i suppose then for the aether model light isn't everywhere then, but rather in a sense it like a 'substance' (like water in air)
hey looking at the mirror in my mind has nothing to do with aether (some one correct me if im wrong), its just saying how special relativity is violated. what E albert was pissed about is the outside observer thing and thus the aether thing applies there.

think of it this way... if you're in a plane travelling faster than sound how do the guy in front of you hear you speak. hahahah he can't :D do you get what i mean?

edit: to add to that i think the mirror thing is just for you to understand that light is a relative constant, and not just any shitty constant that you get in math. :p

hey Xayma did you do it all? the nerd test.

Last edited:

Wohzazz

HSC

think of it this way... if you're in a plane travelling faster than sound how do the guy in front of you hear you speak. hahahah he can't :D do you get what i mean?
true and i understand because sound travels in air and air is a medium, but what happens if there is a difference in density outside the jet from inside, then eventually he will hear you speak like after 1 hour, LOL
does aether have like density? maybe why i don't get this is the concept of aether

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
If you speak in a supersonic jet you can still hear them, even if there in front because the sound waves are mechanical waves. Hence are relative to the speed of the particles they travel to as well (ie they add)

abdooooo!!!

Banned
so what i am saying is that aether is disproved because of the outside observer thing. and NOT because of the mirror thing. if you didn't see it i updated my post above: to add to that i think the mirror thing is just for you to understand that light is a relative constant, and not just any shitty constant that you get in math.

when scientist first started with this aether theory is because they think light is like sound, and that it must have a special medium that is not air, because some space does not contain very much air particles. so this suggested or fantasy like aether would be a great medium for light. just like the hobbits :p

edit: aether is false... people got noble prize for it by disproving it. so i don't know what the hell you going on about the density of aether. :p

Last edited:

Wohzazz

HSC
can you explain how the 'outside observer thingy' disproved it? that is what i don't understand

abdooooo!!!

Banned
aether travels with the train inside it just like the people inside. but if light is propagated throught aether than the outide observable must see this light at twice the speed because the aether in the train is already at the speed of light. thus this violates the E alberts gay principle hence disproved by other people as well. :)

edit: remember light is a relative constant according to E albert, because he reasoned that time is not universal, and because light is how we percieve time. :)

Wohzazz

HSC
aether travels with the train inside it just like the people inside. but if light is propagated throught aether than the outide observable must see this light at twice the speed because the aether in the train is already at the speed of light. thus this violates the E alberts gay principle hence disproved by other people as well. :)
why because his principle thought velocity was abosolute(or speed) was absolute?

abdooooo!!!

Banned
i seriously think you are not reading my posts at all. this is from the first page

all E albert was saying is that time is not universal, but rather velocity is. hence special relativity came about due to that reason. light is how we perceive time... ;)

edit: time is not universal ie compared to the crappy newtonian day physics. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)