Contemplating re-doing year 12. (1 Viewer)

anitadotfive

HSC
N/A
Hey guys. So HSC is in a months time and well based on the amount of time I've left to study and my results throughout the year I don't believe I will be getting my desired ATAR score. I have not done any study towards the HSC, only in-class revision, I haven't applied myself this year either. My assessment marks have varied greatly throughout this year and I have no idea what to do after school.
So I have been contemplating for quite some time about re-doing year 12 or finding some sort of alternate method. I really would love some opinions on this matter. Are there any other alternate methods, which method you guys think is best etc. Do you know of anyone who has re-done year 12, done pathways, completed year 12 in TAFE or repeated just to get a higher ATAR. I've done some quick research and hope to see my careers advisor regarding my situation and my wishes.
I don't know whether re-doing year 12 affects your applications into Uni either.
I also want to get into uni, but I have no idea, yet, what I want to do and I think an extra year or so would give me more time to decide and discover myself more.
I think reading other people's thoughts on this matter would help so please help me out!

enoilgam

HSC
You're far better off going to university and transferring from there - at least in that case, you can get advanced standing for courses completed in your first degree. Repeating is a guaranteed loss of a year.

astroman

HSC
why the fuck would you want to do this again, just go to TAFE and enter uni as a mature age student.

jono_jonoson

HSC
Hey guys. So HSC is in a months time and well based on the amount of time I've left to study and my results throughout the year I don't believe I will be getting my desired ATAR score. I have not done any study towards the HSC, only in-class revision, I haven't applied myself this year either. My assessment marks have varied greatly throughout this year and I have no idea what to do after school.
So I have been contemplating for quite some time about re-doing year 12 or finding some sort of alternate method. I really would love some opinions on this matter. Are there any other alternate methods, which method you guys think is best etc. Do you know of anyone who has re-done year 12, done pathways, completed year 12 in TAFE or repeated just to get a higher ATAR. I've done some quick research and hope to see my careers advisor regarding my situation and my wishes.
I don't know whether re-doing year 12 affects your applications into Uni either.
I also want to get into uni, but I have no idea, yet, what I want to do and I think an extra year or so would give me more time to decide and discover myself more.
I think reading other people's thoughts on this matter would help so please help me out!
Osama Elias (a previous BOS user - known for making the REVISED AND EDITED Ahmad Shah notes) re-did his HSC even though he got like a 92 Atar the first year. He got like a 97 Atar after he re-did it.

It's all up to you. If you think you feel comfortable repeating then do it. People will say crap about you but if you are actually going to study and do well, then its an option you should consider.

Otherwise, there is always another way to get into your course through transferring.

Last edited:

bigdawstv

HSC
Osama Elias (a previous BOS user - known for making the REVISED AND EDITED Ahmad Shah notes) re-did his HSC even though he got like a 92 Atar the first year. He got like a 97 Atar after he re-did it.

It's all up to you. If you think you feel comfortable repeating then do it. People will say crap about you but if you are actually going to study and do well, then its an option you should consider.

Otherwise, there is always another way to get into your course through transferring.
He got 99.95

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Strangely, I know this guy in real life-at least a guy by the same first and last name who also happened to redid his HSC, however, I am not sure whether we are talking about the same guy but must be an absurd coincidence if it was the same guy-because he told me on his first try he got 99.2, and on his second try he got 99.7, and if I recalled correctly, this guy actually did exactly the same subjects as the guy you are referring to.

Last edited:

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
You must not love yourself to want to suffer through all that exam stress and downing coffee like an alcoholic.

Last edited:

mandog97

HSC
My sister in-law got an ATAR of 39.9 and now, through entering as a mature age student at UOW, is currently doing a course which required 85 ATAR and is doing her honours, AS WELL AS topping the whole year. Don't stress!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)