Contest by Matthew Reilly (Matthew Reilly thread) (1 Viewer)

still waiting

HSC
Argonaut said:
I'm trying to get my hands on My Sister's Keeper
i love that book, i havent had a chance to get to a book store yet but cant wait to finally get hell island
quick question when does that promotion end?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
is the prmotion at borders macquarie? If so, are any of MR's books on the 50 list which lets me buy hells island? thansk in advanced :)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
is the prmotion at borders macquarie? If so, are any of MR's books on the 50 list which lets me buy hells island? thansk in advanced :)

soz. just saw the link to the 50 books. no MR books :( but tommrrow when the war began looks good. ill buy that to get Hells island

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
YAY!!!! we're gonna go see Matthew Reilly on friday in Lismore!!! im sooo excited, i cant wait to talk to him, i love his books!!!!theyre sooo good!!!

J

jhakka

NOTE: Merged the "Contest by Matthew Reilly" and "OMG!!!!! Matthew Reilly's next two books are complete!!!!" threads.

still waiting

HSC
PerfectByNature said:
YAY!!!! we're gonna go see Matthew Reilly on friday in Lismore!!! im sooo excited, i cant wait to talk to him, i love his books!!!!theyre sooo good!!!
that would be sooo good is he like doing talks or something around the place? hope u have fun u lucky thing...

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
yep, hes doing talks.. i dunno where, hes just doing one at Kadina High which is a school in the nearest big town... YAY!!!!!!!!

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
it probably did. im sure he would go to other schools and stuff, Ian Irvine and Traci Harding came to our local library, and i live in a really tiny town... but MR isnt coming here :(

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
oh! i liked them! why did you hate them so much? they were good.... a tiny bit boring at times but good. i agree that he could have cut some unnecessary stuff out... but they were good.
you should see the map he made of Santhenar.... it was sooooo good, really detailed...

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
okies... i guess i see what you mean.
anyway, yes, onto MR... i cant wait to meet him!

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!! saw Matthew Reilly today!!!! we got our pic with him and its gonna be in the Northern Star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!! it was sooooo good! and my friend Tess got a free copy of Hell Island for asking a question!
it was really interesting to here him talking about his books and its really good talking to a writer who has such a good sense of humour. he had a slide show of all his stuff, like pictures some Japanese artist had drawn of scenes in Ice Station, they were excellent, just how i imagined the book.
it was just really good to hear him talk about them
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

ace__3001

HSC
Next book

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that Matthew Reilly's next book (after 7 wonders) is going to be another Scarecrow book. Personally I am sick of Scarecrow and want to read about different characters for a change. What do you think?

J

jhakka

He said in the interview after Scarecrow that he was thinking of doing a Knight book in the future, too. :)

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
i love Schofield... hes the best character MR has written... i ddint really like Race and i cant remmebr the dude from Contest.
Has anyone else noticed how he never has a female lead character???
i think that SUCKS!
i love his books and all that but all the femal characters are basically just love interests... or not as good as the main char. ie. Mother, shes cool and all that but not a very big character and shes always deferring to Schofield.
bah, crapness

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
Bookie said:
Have a cry.

Did Mother end up libing? I cant remember. Its been a while.
i will... i just think its crappy... cos basically hes saying the female characters arent good enough... especially when he had Scarecrow win the fight between him and Mother

Bookie

Banned
HSC
PerfectbyNature said:
i will... i just think its crappy... cos basically hes saying the female characters arent good enough... especially when he had Scarecrow win the fight between him and Mother
When did they have a fight?

Plus, he's a shit writer, so he hasnt got any deep underlying feminist meanings. He ays his stories are full of crap because its pretty close to impossible for Scarecrow to survive everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)