Cops call me for speeding? (1 Viewer)

Cidiv

HSC
N/A
Tonight I recieved a call from the 'Cops'. They said who they were, they knew I was at the city on Saturday night, they knew the street I live in and they told my mother that 'your son' was speeding (maybe because of my p-plates). They rekon I ran a couple red lights and went 36 over the limit on Saturday night. They said I was reklessly driving. They said their colleague had seen me do it. I'm not sure why he didn't pull me over had he seen me do it. They kept asking me if I was doing any of this stuff and I kept replying to 'I'm pretty sure i didn't, 'no it wasn't me' or 'i don't think i did'. I was obviously shocked as they were telling me this. They told me that they will call me if any thing else happens. I had a chat to a few of my mates in the car and they are positive I didn't run any red lights or speed excessively over.
What do youse think?
Prank call? Or is this really the cops?
What should I expect to happen in the coming day/weeks?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Did you verify their identity by calling back on a publically listed number and asking to be switched through to them?

Sounds like a prank to me unless the cops were your mates (as in, your mates who happened to be on duty and see you).

EDIT: But I guess you never really know....

Last edited:

Cidiv

HSC
N/A
seremify007 said:
Did you verify their identity by calling back on a publically listed number and asking to be switched through to them?

Sounds like a prank to me unless the cops were your mates (as in, your mates who happened to be on duty and see you).

EDIT: But I guess you never really know....
No, I didn't. I guess I should have hey.

And as for a prank, I certainly hope it is. I haven't got any copper mates.

I wonder if it were the cops?

Cidiv

HSC
N/A
Seriously, I doubt it was a prank. It sounded extremely serious, and there was no one laughing.

tennille

HSC
It sounds like a prank to me. Why wouldn't they pull you over at the time? Why would they call you anyway...that's dodgy.

IC3

HSC
I don't think COPS would call YOU for speeding, reckless driving.
Cops don't do that.

They have other things to worry about.
Its prolly a prank.

Go to your local police station and ask them, if they had anything
on you in their data base. And ask them if cops can call you and ask these stuff, cause I'm pretty sure they dont do that.

Cidiv

HSC
N/A
Apparantly it was the RTA who 'saw' me do it. Still a prank?

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
If it was the RTA who caught you, you're more likely to get a letter than a phone call (i didn't even think the RTA had staff for that kinda stuff on site, i thought they just handled the speed cameras and what not).

I reckon prank.

Zozo6969

HSC
RTA sets the law, the police enforce it. RTA people cant get u

j_davo24

HSC
Zozo6969 said:
RTA sets the law, the police enforce it. RTA people cant get u
Actually I think you will find parliament sets the law. RTA has the authority to determine speed limits and stuff like that, but laws go to a vote in a session of parliament.

Magnet

HSC
IC3 said:
I don't think COPS would call YOU for speeding, reckless driving.
Cops don't do that
orly fool?

I've been called a few times. Just deny all knowledge. They can't book you, hell, even if they're chasing you and they lose sight of you, they can't book you. How're they going to book you anyway? How fast were you going? They have a hard enough time booking you even if they get it on radar. You can't let them take advantage of your lack of legal knowledge. If they're ever trying to get you to admit to something it's because they don't have ground to book you, so never admit:)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Cidiv said:
Apparantly it was the RTA who 'saw' me do it. Still a prank?
Doesnt matter if its a prank or not, going on the assumption that it isnt, then they cant do shit. RTA cant do anything, they dont have cams on their cars, they arent officers of the law and their ebidance wouldnt hold up in court. The cops cant issue you a warning for something they havent seen themselves so all thats supposed to do is scare you into driving good [probably a good idea if you have been speeding and running red lights, if you have dont admit it on here though, they could use that as evidence]

If it was a prank, then they succeeded into scaring you for the lulz

Cidiv

HSC
N/A
Serius said:
Doesnt matter if its a prank or not, going on the assumption that it isnt, then they cant do shit. RTA cant do anything, they dont have cams on their cars, they arent officers of the law and their ebidance wouldnt hold up in court. The cops cant issue you a warning for something they havent seen themselves so all thats supposed to do is scare you into driving good [probably a good idea if you have been speeding and running red lights, if you have dont admit it on here though, they could use that as evidence]

If it was a prank, then they succeeded into scaring you for the lulz
First and foremost, I definately wasn't speeding nor did I run two red lights. My mates with me in the car at the time think that it is a prank as they know that I didn't speed nor did I run two red lights. My mate also thought that I was joking when I told him this as I didn't commit any of the above offences.

I haven't heard from them since they called me and they told me if anything happens that they will get back to me. Will they send me a fine and not bother to call me?

What if it was a cop that saw me do the offence? Why didn't he chase after me?

Cidiv

HSC
N/A
Magnet said:
orly fool?

I've been called a few times. Just deny all knowledge. They can't book you, hell, even if they're chasing you and they lose sight of you, they can't book you. How're they going to book you anyway? How fast were you going? They have a hard enough time booking you even if they get it on radar. You can't let them take advantage of your lack of legal knowledge. If they're ever trying to get you to admit to something it's because they don't have ground to book you, so never admit:)
How did they manage to get my number plate and details if I ran two red lights and reached high speeds? Might have mixed up my number plate with someone elses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)