"Copy this diagram down into your workbook" (1 Viewer)

barbernator

HSC
For circle geo in 4u, does that phrase construe that constructions will have to be made to answer the question?

john-doe

HSC
sometimes you have to...but sometimes they just do it to annoy you...

Siddy123

HSC
yeah the general trend that if u need to draw it, ur gonna have to do something to it, otherwise u could solve it without wasting time etc...
and because markers dont see ur exam booklet, they only see ur answer booklets, they would get you to copy it in, making it easier for them to see the constructions made, to reach ur final result.

karnbmx

HSC
honestly said, a better practice should be that they give you a separate copy of the diagram for you to work on. Makes life much much easier.

Siddy123

HSC
honestly said, a better practice should be that they give you a separate copy of the diagram for you to work on. Makes life much much easier.
yeah ur right.
but schools/board of studies are too lazy.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Not really, it's an important skill to be able to accurately draw diagrams such that no assumptions are made.

Fus Ro Dah

HSC
I always re-draw Circle Geometry diagrams using my compass and ruler. It's so then any constructions I make can easily be seen by the marker, and any angle chases are easily followed.

Alkanes

HSC
I don't know if this is true or not.
I heard from some past students saying that if you don't draw or copy the diagram on your exam workbook then it means you will gain no marks for that particular question. Is this true?

Fus Ro Dah

HSC
I heard from some past students saying that if you don't draw or copy the diagram on your exam workbook then it means you will gain no marks for that particular question. Is this true?
That is not true.

D94

HSC
N/A
No. But there is usually 1 mark (iirc) allocated to drawing the diagram.

D94

HSC
N/A
lol really? Our school doesn't bother. There is no point. :S
I don't get what's so funny... Sure there is a point - learning how to draw decent diagrams is rather important, and usually, if a question requires you to draw the diagram, it infers you need to add to the diagram, i.e. construction, in order to complete another part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)