Core One Is Actually Useful!!! (1 Viewer)

Cab31

HSC
Much to my disgust, my least favourite part of the HSC PE course, core one, is pretty much the same as one of the subjects i am doing at uni!! its called 'contemporary public health', and seem as i go to uni in QLD, i have a massive advantage over the QLD students who dont have the equivalent of a PE course there. I just thought i would post this to let you know that, although u may think core one is pointless, it does eventually serve a purpose!! lol!

*SHeLL!*

HSC
you know it is actually really comforting to know that there is really some reason for us to be doing the corses we do! if only all the subjects applied themselves to the 'real world'...... :p

Cab31

HSC
I know!! i was pretty impressed that it actually helps at Uni...i thought there wasabsolutely no reason for having to learn the ottawa charter....and when it comes up in lectures everybody else is like 'ahh...the ottawa what?' and im like 'hehe - been there done that!'

jabbott

HSC
yes! i was suprised that i would have to recall the core one stuff, but you are right cab31 that it does actually help with some uni subjects - at the moment it is helping with 'contempory public health' and 'health service management' for me

Cab31

HSC
Hey Im in Contempory public health'!! not health servoces management though!! Maybe i'll see you there one day!! But its such a big lecture that i doubt it!

jabbott

HSC
reply to cabs31

yeah possibly will - i am finding core one particually good for the assessment, the social justice principles, ottawa charter and all that stuff is proving very useful!

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
well...seein as you guys know about this anyone got any idea about social justice in relation to immigrants in australia reagrding road and traffic injuries???

Cab31

HSC
According to the principles of social justice, groups experiencing health inequities need to be prioritised. People who are born overseas tend to be a group that experience inequities in health whilst residing in Australia. Although they have better health upon arrival, due to extensive immigration health checks, their health declines when they get here, and within 20 years of being here, any health benifits that they may have had upon arrival have declined to the point where they have health status lower than that of people born in Australia.
In regard to the road and traffic injuries, I would suggest that you think about how difficult it would be for immigrants to adopt Australian patterns of driving when they arrive in Australia. If they speak a different language, they may not be able to read road signs properly or have access to information about Australia's road and safety rules in their own language. Social Justice is all about bridging this gap and ensuring that immigrants have the same standard of driving and access to information that Australian born residents do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)