correspondence? (1 Viewer)

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
hello friends,
does anyone know if it's at all possible to complete the elective segment of the chemistry course by correspondence?
i am desperate to do forensic chemistry... but my school does shipwrecks (as do most)...
before i ask the head teacher, i don't want to look stupid if its not even possible...lol
does anyone know of anyone who's done an elective course by correspondence?
thanks a bunch
xxx

ps. i understand there are pracs involved etc... maybe i could do them in my lunch times???

P

pLuvia

Just a quick note, if you do Forensic chemistry, it would be better if you did biology as the elective lies around the human biology, which is covered in the biology course. Shipwrecks is a very common/popular elective chosen by many schools and is generally easier than forensic chemistry.

I think you could probably do the elective through OTEN, not sure though

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah- i've looked at the course and it definately has a biological influence!
thankfully i do biology! :)

i really appreciate you replying.... so "OTEN"...lovely...thankx!!!!!!!

rhia

salty
HSC
i do chemistry through oten, and as far as i'm aware, the only subjects offered through oten are 'industrial chemistry' and 'shipwrecks', so you might want to look into that, yeah.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
You can't just study a single module with a different school while doing the rest of the subject with your main school.(which is technically what you're asking) If you want to study Forensics you'd have to do it in your own time which will be difficult since you'll have to learn shipwrecks for your schools trials anyway.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Just a note with the trials, if your school is doing the CSSA trials or any of those trials that are done by several schools, you will be able to choose the forensics questions instead of the shipwrecks. If that's the case or you are unsure of what type of exam paper the trials will be, ask your chemistry teacher about it.

If your school is setting the trial exam or part of it, then you most likely will only be tested on shipwrecks and obviously no other elective.

edit: a good point that Without Wings has made, ask your chemistry teacher if he/she will let you do forensics. If nothing works out, just stick with shipwrecks, and you can forensics in your spare time if you're really keen on it. For the HSC, you can basically do any elective you want, nothing's stopping you for that one.

Last edited:

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
Without Wings said:
The school has to have a teacher who can adequately mark that section though if she chooses to do it, or else she can be disadvantaged.

Why not try asking your head teacher about it - there may be a teacher willing to assist you if you decide to pursue this option and study it in your own time.
yeah- i'll definately go see the head teacher monday :)
thanks for all the info and advice guys...
i was just interested to see if it was possible...
lol and yeah- if in the hsc im confident enough i'll just answer the forensics section :p
much love xxx

Monstar

HSC
from what i hear forensics has hardly any chemistry in it.. mostly just biology and physics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)