Cotton On Christmas Casual Induction (1 Viewer)

ItsTimee

HSC
I have successfully got a job at Cotton On for Christmas Casual and have my induction on the 28th November, just wondered if anyone else has done this and what it entails?

Thanks in advance.

freydee

HSC
Oh lord no...

You're going to regret getting a job there my friend, you really are.

rockets

HSC
N/A
Why do you say this? Do they give you many shifts? and what's the pay like?

ItsTimee

HSC
Oh lord no...

You're going to regret getting a job there my friend, you really are.

HaHa....i have heard some bad things about this place but i am actually looking forward to it :D. I have taken some tips from people so i will definatly keep on track on what they pay me because i have heard they are a but dodgy on the whole paying you the right amount for what you worked.

Has anyone done the induction then?

freydee

HSC
HaHa....i have heard some bad things about this place but i am actually looking forward to it :D. I have taken some tips from people so i will definatly keep on track on what they pay me because i have heard they are a but dodgy on the whole paying you the right amount for what you worked.

Has anyone done the induction then?
It wasn't the pay I was really talking about that was shitty (although, it kind of is)... it was more the stupid rules they employ, like not being able to bend your knees while picking up boxes, etc that I found particular ghey. And not to mention their failure to supply you with adequate breaks and making you work 8 hours non fucking stop with no breaks in between. Ah yes, what a fun Christmas that was...

Anyway, I gather you've been working there for a while now. How are you finding it?

ItsTimee

HSC
It wasn't the pay I was really talking about that was shitty (although, it kind of is)... it was more the stupid rules they employ, like not being able to bend your knees while picking up boxes, etc that I found particular ghey. And not to mention their failure to supply you with adequate breaks and making you work 8 hours non fucking stop with no breaks in between. Ah yes, what a fun Christmas that was...

Anyway, I gather you've been working there for a while now. How are you finding it?

Aw thats a shame. It must be certain stores around Aus because i have heard a few stories very similar to yours. My store is nothing like that, we get the proper breaks, my manager even says that we can nip out for a quick drink when we only have a 4-5 hour shift which helps. Plus i know the whole bending of the knees thing was employed in my last job when i was in England so i think that is probably just standard safety these days maybe. I have had 4 shifts already, got my 5th today and i love it haha, the staff are a great team, the work i do is great and i just really enjoy it. Non of the casuals this year are getting trained on POS which is a shame but hopefully they have some positions available so they can keep me on after Xmas :D :D

freydee

HSC
Aw thats a shame. It must be certain stores around Aus because i have heard a few stories very similar to yours. My store is nothing like that, we get the proper breaks, my manager even says that we can nip out for a quick drink when we only have a 4-5 hour shift which helps. Plus i know the whole bending of the knees thing was employed in my last job when i was in England so i think that is probably just standard safety these days maybe. I have had 4 shifts already, got my 5th today and i love it haha, the staff are a great team, the work i do is great and i just really enjoy it. Non of the casuals this year are getting trained on POS which is a shame but hopefully they have some positions available so they can keep me on after Xmas :D :D
Ah, well you seemed to have found one of the better stores to work at and to that I say congrats because Rotton On stores that don't treat you like complete shit are hard to find. I've spoken to probably about 15 or so girls who have worked at various stores around the state and so far you're the only one who hasn't wanted to take a knife to the face of everyone in charge.

As for the no bending of the knees thing and them being safety standards... I still think that's complete BS. I don't care what anyone says, that is just not good for your back. And when you spend more than 15 minutes picking up boxes you really begin to realise this. Painful :(

Aaagehfgkdjf. So glad I don't work there anymore. But I'm glad you're not having such a terrible time :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)