could i still get a 90+ atar? (1 Viewer)

aIlisonnnn

HSC
im in yr 12 and i just got all of my term 1 assessment results back.... and i didnt do great

results:
ancient history - 60%
biology - 70%
english standard - 65%
maths adv - 73%

weightings:
ancient history - 20%
biology - 15%
english standard - 20%
maths adv - 25%

i havent done my one remaining subject's assessment, and idk my ranking for all of my subjects but i assume it'd be really bad
could i still get a 90+ atar even with these term 1 results? if so, what marks on average would i need to get in the following terms + in the trial examination in order to achieve that?

WeiWeiMan

HSC
im in yr 12 and i just got all of my term 1 assessment results back.... and i didnt do great

results:
ancient history - 60%
biology - 70%
english standard - 65%
maths adv - 73%

weightings:
ancient history - 20%
biology - 15%
english standard - 20%
maths adv - 25%

i havent done my one remaining subject's assessment, and idk my ranking for all of my subjects but i assume it'd be really bad
could i still get a 90+ atar even with these term 1 results? if so, what marks on average would i need to get in the following terms + in the trial examination in order to achieve that?
https://educationstandards.nsw.edu.au/wps/portal/nesa/11-12/hsc/about-HSC/moderation
you can defo still 90+ i think

constexpr

HSC
absolutely you can still get a 90+. hell you can most likely get a 97+ if you truly perform well in all assignments

there is still a massive buffer you have

i received a 0 for an assignment and did pretty poorly in some assignments and got a 90+ atar. there's lots of room, but don't leave it to the last minute of course

Taabir

HSC

results:
ancient history - 60%
biology - 70%
english standard - 65%
maths adv - 73%

weightings:
ancient history - 20%
biology - 15%
english standard - 20%
maths adv - 25%

I wouldn't be too worried about the mark itself, focus more on increasing your rank. At the end of the day your rank and make or break your chances of a band 6.

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
I wouldn't be too worried about the mark itself, focus more on increasing your rank. At the end of the day your rank and make or break your chances of a band 6.
YOOOO TAABIR

Jelly_jj

HSC
N/A

results:
ancient history - 60%
biology - 70%
english standard - 65%
maths adv - 73%

weightings:
ancient history - 20%
biology - 15%
english standard - 20%
maths adv - 25%

If you don't mind me asking, what is your school ranked?

raindance42

HSC
you could definitely get a 90+ atar.
Just make sure you use these holidays effectively. This means a) making sure all your notes are complete (you won't have time before trials) and b) doing practice/past papers for those assignments & learning the content until you can 85/90+% in them. this means you won't have to relearn it before trials (you won't have time. there is no time before trials)

and (obviously) work out why you got those marks. lack of knowledge? running out of time? not knowing how to approach questions? etc

you'd probably need at least 90%+ in future exams.
also if you need ancient history notes i can probably help with that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)