Course for investment banking? (1 Viewer)

bloodruby_30

HSC
Hey guys,

I am quite confused as to what course would be most suitable for my interests and my preferred career, which is investment banking or hopefully financial services related.

Here are the options that i was considering:

1. Actuarial Studies with a cadetship (but that would mean accounting major)
2. Commerce with a cadetship
3. Comm/Law

Which ones do you think I should do?

avi888

HSC
Uni Grad
Ummm, financial services at tafe seems appropriate, lmk if u need any advice on the course, i graduated first in my class :)

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Ummm, financial services at tafe seems appropriate, lmk if u need any advice on the course, i graduated first in my class :)
He's not talking about HSC courses,and trust me financial services has no link to investment banking except that they mention it in the course as a financial institution.

It's a mixture of accounting and basic knowledge of economics with financial services and it's environment in a very general sense.

Nigganigam

HSC
Hey guys,

I am quite confused as to what course would be most suitable for my interests and my preferred career, which is investment banking or hopefully financial services related.

Here are the options that i was considering:

1. Actuarial Studies with a cadetship (but that would mean accounting major)
2. Commerce with a cadetship
3. Comm/Law

Which ones do you think I should do?
3 Trust

sku486

HSC
N/A
Definitely Comm / law - its the degree most bankers have. Its not so much that you learn relevant info in the degree, but rather its the signalling effect (hard degree to get into and do well in so you must be smart to have aced it).

For more info on getting into an IB check out this blog - http://ibadmissions.com/blogs/admissions

a19901213

HSC
3-1-2

get a good wam in Comm/Law will almost guarantee you a bright future. (you still need to put effort in Extracurricular&internship though)
Actuarial Studies is also good if you can graduate with a decent grade.

There are too many comm graduates and you need something more than just single comm degree to make you look outstanding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)