Creative Arts/Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
OK, this is probably a stab in the dark... but still... I really need help! :)

Does anyone in this forum do, or know of anyone who does (or, is planning to do next year) the bachelor of Creative Arts/Creative Writing at UOW?

I am planning to, and i only have 2-3wks left to submit my application. My application is supposed to include a 10-12 page portfolio of my creative writing, containing several different samples of my creative writing. Only prob is, that they can't be anything that was the result of a school-based assessment!

Am i the only one here who DOESN'T have any creative writing from this year that ISN'T hsc assessment based? I have my extension 2 english major work... and i'd love to submit it as my portfolio, but my careers advisor rang the UOW advice hotline and they said UH-UH NO WAY can i use my ext2 major work.

I can't risk submitting it under the guise of writing i did in my own time, because they may ask to see my major work (in fact, they probably will) and then I'd be screeeeeeewed...

So WHAT CAN I DO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! argh!

Can anyone help me....? :(

santaslayer

HSC
hotcocoababe-in siggy said:
REP ME! REP ME! REP ME!
(you know you want to)
I'll rep you if you get into your course @ UoW. :p
(Apparently, I give out about 8 points :D)

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I went to a creative arts interview last year and they didn't ask to see any of my other work, only asked me questions about my favourite authors and where I wanted to go with my writing and stuff like that. So I don't think they'd ask to see your ext 2 major work.

~*~Karina~*~

Uh oh...I included sections of my major work for my portfolio...Nowhere I read or anything said that we couldn't, so I didn't see the problem in sending it in. I thought it said something like not to inlcude writing that you had to do under a certain topic etc, like in an exam where you get certain criteria for the piece. I took that to mean that we could include our major work, because its something we've written, without certain guidelines to theme etc...its of our own ideas, and the story and everything is our own concept.
Oh well....if they didn't want to see it, thats too bad...If they don't accept me for an interview or something because of it, then there's nothing i can really do about it now.

Gilbert

TheLAD
HSC
N/A
I've said it b4, I'll say it again...

Did you get it in? If it's not too late, DO IT! If you have the chance to apply for Uni do it. I had to point out to someone today that the need to apply to accommodation even if you don't take it up. You have to be in it to win it! What's the teacher say, "Keep your eyes on the prize!".

Oh well, 1st post. Have to start somewhere. There I was thinking I wasn't going to post B4 the HSC. Oh well, 2 days out, what the heck!

just_this_guy

I went to one of the information nights UOW held at the Sutherland Entertainment Centre, and a woman at the Creative Arts booth told me that I should include my Extension 2 English story (or part of it), and provide other stuff at the interview. I wouldn't worry about it. If you're concerned, give them a ring and make sure everything's ok with it.

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
HSC
Yea, i DID ring em and that was the prob... i thought i could include my MW, and had a few other little things but it was gonna be the basis for my portfolio. Anyway, i did all the UAC stuff, and what have you, and then my careers advisor rang UOW just to make sure i could include my MW (this was about 5days b4 it was due in at the uni) - and he got a flat out "NO".

I was so shocked, i dont really have much else that i could've included in the portfolio, and i was just about to go away on holiday (portfolio was gonna b sent the day i got back)

So i gave up.... :(

Now my friends tease me about being half-applied for uni - they reckon nxt year im gonna get a bill for thousands of HECS fees ;) they're only joking tho.

I guess i will just apply next year - although of course im making the job much harder for myself and i realise that :'(

waaaAAAhhhhh!

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
HSC
OOOH new update (LOL not that anyone cares, besides aLeeOh anyway ;))

I HAVE decided to apply, cept im doing late application! is gonna cost me, but im stoked anyway... i forgot about late applications :D

fingers crossed... i now have until monday to get together this 10-12pg portfolio :s

Gilbert

TheLAD
HSC
N/A
Hotcocobabe said:
oh, and EVERYONE who visits the BoS site are really all just SEXY BEASTS (and you all know it too, doncha now!)
No I didn't, but glad you think so

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
Hey guess what I applied for Creative Writing and I just got a letter today saying that I've been shortlisted for an interview on November 24, any tips for the interview. And does mean they have read my writing and they like or just that I meet the criteria.

~*~Karina~*~

TheBirdMustFly said:
Hey guess what I applied for Creative Writing and I just got a letter today saying that I've been shortlisted for an interview on November 24, any tips for the interview. And does mean they have read my writing and they like or just that I meet the criteria.
Congrats...mine is on the 29th. But yeah, it'd be good to know if they actually like what they read and chose us on that, or if we just meet the criteria...its good either way i guess.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I have an interview for the 23rd.
Now I just have to figure out how to get my ass down there!

estaile

TheBirdMustFly said:
bit late isn't it?

ah ha!
you are wrong my dear friend.
actually, you were right but abit wrong
i had to pay 50 smackeroons. bad thing is that im not sure if the gongs the place for me now.
interveiw/audition 5th Dec

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)