Creative Arts Interview Letter 09 (1 Viewer)

alen.d

HSC
Thanks for your help Absolutezero!
Just a few more questions if i can...
What are you majoring in?
Do you live on campus or commute? (I'd be having to drive down from Sydney every day)
What kind of fees am I looking at?
Thank you!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'm doing Creative Arts (Performance: Production)/Commerce.

I commuted for the first semester, and got sick of it in the end (as there was no easy train or bus service for me). So last semester I rented a flat about 10 minutes walk from the uni. Next year, I'll be moving into a house with some mates, probably closer to town.

Living on campus is good, but it can get expensive. It's a couple of thousand per semester, usually between $2000 and $4000. Also, I'm fairly certain they're all full by now (or at the very least, applications are closed).

Commuting isn't to bad from Sydney, as there is the train. I know people who are now in third year, who still commute. If you have other friends who are going to Wollongong, definitely consier getting a unit/flat/house. But be quick about it, they fill up quickly.

Nightsarah

HSC
I don't think anyone else on here was there that day Sarah...

BTW, from what I saw, you did quite well on the day. Congrats.
Aw thanks! And thank you so

much for all your help prior. I felt very relaxed thanks to your info :D
I recieved an acceptance letter a few days before the HSC results came out...wooh! Got into both performance and creative writing. I'm going to go with performance though. Is there an oppurtunity to do some creative writing electives though?

I was going to double with Arts, but my ATAR was significantly higher than expected so I think I'm going to apply for Law/Creative arts now...yay..fun!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You can do Creative Writing electives if you just do the single creative arts degree. However, if you do a double, all your electives will be taken up by that course.

Creative Arts/Law is very demanding. One of the girls in my year was going to transfer to it, but it got to hard in the end. However, if your passionate and dedicated enough, then go for it.

harryc

HSC
Still haven't recieved any word on whether I got into Creative Writing or not. Should I be getting worried? I was so sure my interview went well, and I got all band 5's in 4 unit English...

cole-

HSC
N/A
Still haven't recieved any word on whether I got into Creative Writing or not. Should I be getting worried? I was so sure my interview went well, and I got all band 5's in 4 unit English...

So did I.
=/
I havent recieved anything yet either.
They should send a "NOTHANKS" one as well, to put our minds to rest.

harryc

HSC
According to the website, there gonna keep sending out offers until Jan 6th - I'm just getting nervous because two friends of mine both got their offers over the last few days.

Nightsarah

HSC
OMG! I got an email from the UOW offering me a position in the deans scholars program! I didn't even apply for it! How cool! That would be MUCH better than a double in law....I'm so excited!
Now I get to do creative writing AND performance :D Thank god.

Yeah I remember talking to someone who said they send out offers till jan, but unfortunatley cloe- I remember her saying that there is no "NOTHANKS" letter :( Which is a real killer when you are waiting.

Stay positive though :)

harryc

HSC
I'm really, really tempted to ring UOW and find out how many places have been filled so far, cause deadset this wait to find out is killing me. I'm just hoping that no news is good news.

Nightsarah

HSC
I'm really, really tempted to ring UOW and find out how many places have been filled so far, cause deadset this wait to find out is killing me. I'm just hoping that no news is good news.

You could probably just call them to see if you have been offered a position as of yet? I called today and they were able to just log into my name and see a list of my offers - it was really easy.
But they might not have even made you an offer yet - so even if theres nothing there, there still might be hope!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Try not to worry about it. I didn't get my acceptance until January 6. Also, when you get the letter doesn't necessarily reflect what they think of you, or your potential in the course.

sj1990

HSC
NightSarah - I got into the Dean's Scholar course too! Also majoring in Creative Writing and Performance (though production). Guess I'll be seeing you down there!

Does anyone know how many positions there are in the Dean's Scholar program?

Thanks!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
For Creative Arts Performance/Writing, there is probably less than 5 across the 3 years at the moment.

harryc

HSC
Just got my offer for Creative Writing then. So relieved/happy!

cole-

HSC
N/A
I got my offer yesterday. :) Congrats everyone.
But my marks were surprisingly high so now I'm thinking about other courses.
Choices, choices.

shansaywhaa

HSC
has anyone recieved a letter for the art or design courses yet?
uhh hate waiting

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
sj1990: If you have anymore questions about the course, you can facebook me them. If you ask, I'm sure Sarah can give it to you. It's just that I'm away from home at the moment, and have very little computer time. Although I can easily get facebook from my phone.

shansaywhaa

HSC
finally got my acceptance letter into the course i wanted for creative arts!
too bad i got it today - the day after UAC preferences close
which wouldn't be that bad, except i put the course as second on my list becuase i didn't think i'd get in
:mad1:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
which wouldn't be that bad, except i put the course as second on my list becuase i didn't think i'd get in
Is it still changeable for a fee?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)