Creative Economics (1 Viewer)

Skeptyks

HSC
So I only just got my creative economics study guide, textbook and workbook and wow... it is amazing.
Does anyone else find it is so much more helpful as they link everything (topics, concepts) to the HSC exam? I prefer it much more than Tim Riley's...

Sorry the thread might seem pointless but I just wanted to make it for ppl to discuss whether it is good in relation to other economic textbooks.

RishBonjour

HSC
our teacher gives us hand outs from that text book and also riley , personally i prefer dixon, although creative has a few handy tricks and like a lot of sample stuff, its good as a side text book i guess :D

but if it really is amazing, i might consider getting it :D

Skeptyks

HSC
Eh I guess I have only had like a 1-2 hour skim over how it works. The study guide is extremely good though; I suggest getting that over the textbook just for the extended response section :p.

RishBonjour

HSC
ahah yeah , i saw the india and ireland case study section, pretty damn good!

how are you coping with economics so far? had any assesments yet ?

Skeptyks

HSC
ahah yeah , i saw the india and ireland case study section, pretty damn good!

how are you coping with economics so far? had any assesments yet ?
One assessment, ‘Examine the process of globalisation, its impact on individual countries and their citizens, and how countries have tried to benefit from globalisation’ and I got 17/20 for it although I got the highest mark in the class haha. I'm coping but I am just sometimes a bit worried about how much note-taking I should be doing for each topic/section etc.

What about you?

b33g_boss

HSC
utterly surprised that you say creative economics is any good, honestly it is the most horrible txtbook ever, the layout is so ugly and the memorizing techniques are useless. on a side note it has good info, but you gotta dig in and delve into it.

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
That was the textbook the school gave us, its alright in the way its brief and covers the syllabus points in a more structural way than other textbooks.... But I found that the Tim Dixon one was the best :/

Skeptyks

HSC
I used a Tim Dixon for year 11, I agree it was good but I have not seen the year 12 one so I can't really compare. But I am finding this textbook much more easy to study/note-take off in comparison to Riley's.
Off topic fact: Tim Dixon was the student of Ian Moore's (one of the authors of Creative Economics) class.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
I used a Tim Dixon for year 11, I agree it was good but I have not seen the year 12 one so I can't really compare. But I am finding this textbook much more easy to study/note-take off in comparison to Riley's.
Off topic fact: Tim Dixon was the student of Ian Moore's (one of the authors of Creative Economics) class.
The HSC one is equally as good in terms of all the explanations/up to date statistics. IMO Dixon/Riley > everythingelse > Excel.

Creative is okay for basic info.

Skeptyks

HSC
Yeah I realised that it is quite -basic- in its information so I constantly check the information of creative, Riley and an excel dot-point/study guide.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Yeh just read from everywhere (if you have time). Luckily economics is medium in terms of the amount of content. It's mainly knowing the links betweens the different aspects of the content.

Skeptyks

HSC
Mm and Creative Economics seems to do that e.g. Free Trade + Protection where as Riley splits it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)