"Creative Responses" (2 Viewers)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
silvermoon said:
mmm, that does sound good. i cant even remember my trial question - my mind is a blank...ok, it was something about writing a creative piece exploring the paradigms of I&S - very open ended, but marked fairly hard because of it. "ideas have legs"...*shudder*...dont know what i would have done if id opened the paper and been faced with that one!
the ideas have legs is SHOCKING. how are we meant to integrate the "individual and society" into that crappy question? well guys, it's already been done, so they wont repeat that same question again we can safely say. i'd just like a nice generic: "how havethe composers demonstrated the individual's conflict with society in the texts u have studied" <----ahhh the sweet life :)

boxheadman said:
O well, at least I'll be prepared now if it comes up again. somehow I doubt it but my teacher seems to think it is the most likely question to get.
really?? YEY!!!! Well i don;t think they've done an interview in any of the HSC papers only in trial papers, so *fingers crossed* :p

fingolfin101

For postmodern advertising just appropriate a very famous image... eg mona lisa or warhol's monroe to use as your face of your product. Playfully change the original to suit your own advertising needs

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
welshi said:
no, can't help there sorry :(

in our trial we did the "what were you thinking?" question, ie. we wrote as the author of one text. i did david williamson. it was prolly the easiest question i did all trials. :D so it might not be the character. that was a past paper (what year was it gem???)
It was last year. It was a fantastic paper, which could either be a good thing (ie they've finally worked out how to construct decent pomo questions that have no sign of legged ideas or running composers) or a bad thing (ie the moment has passed and they'll cook up something really nasty for us, since you can't have a good paper 2 years running).

For one of our assessments we had to write a fictitious interview with Sally Potter. Not the most exciting task, but if we got that for creative I wouldn't be complaining! I've prepared a couple of stories though, just in case, but generally I don't think you can prepare for this. Even those of us who have got story ideas will have to mould them a little in the exam since they're never going to say "write a postmodern story. Go."

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
guys remember in notes from the marking centre it said something about one question being approached as the "creative question", its not always the case. In texts and ways of thinking your expected to explore the text through your writing, like an essay, but with a creative twist of a conversation or letter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)