Creative writing ideas! (1 Viewer)

roisinyyyy

HSC
Hi everyone, just wondering if you have some out there, different ideas for creative pieces?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd always recommend writing something you know about it. Or even if you don't 'explicitly' know it, channeling some personal experience into a story. Or at least give us something to feed off to make for a suggestion for you.

Say I have ballet knowledge, writing a story about a OCD ballet dancer with jealousy issues would come across as authentic to me but many would struggle to pull it across with new prior experience there. You may have a great emotional experience that may be channeled into a story, that would come across as unique from you. Say, you had experience with (this is all hypothetical) growing up with a sibling with a severe disability. You would be able to write a great first hand insight, about how it shaped your life, how it gave you feelings of alienation, how family dynamics might be distorted because even if you are the 'younger' sibling, you have the caretaker role and 'older' sibling feel.

MattLogan

HSC
N/A
Someone who's senses get severed and they are left alone to their thoughts

Last edited:

Bobbo1

HSC
I'd always recommend writing something you know about it. Or even if you don't 'explicitly' know it, channeling some personal experience into a story. Or at least give us something to feed off to make for a suggestion for you.

Say I have ballet knowledge, writing a story about a OCD ballet dancer with jealousy issues would come across as authentic to me but many would struggle to pull it across with new prior experience there. You may have a great emotional experience that may be channeled into a story, that would come across as unique from you. Say, you had experience with (this is all hypothetical) growing up with a sibling with a severe disability. You would be able to write a great first hand insight, about how it shaped your life, how it gave you feelings of alienation, how family dynamics might be distorted because even if you are the 'younger' sibling, you have the caretaker role and 'older' sibling feel.
+1, even if it's not something directly related to you. Try thinking of ideas which your family or friends have experienced. Just remember you only need 1 small snippet of an experience for a short story. Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)