credit point help (1 Viewer)

buddys

HSC
if the handbook says that the maximum number of 100 level credit points is 30 and i do an extra unit so a total of 33 100 level cps do i still qualify for the degree??

thanks in advance

HSC
N/A
:/ why are you doing more than 10 first-year units?

and I'd have a talk to SES. But normally, it's a good idea to take their minimum/maximums seriously.

X

xeuyrawp

It's fine to go over, just be careful where that 'extra' one is coming from. Usually eStudent won't let you enroll in a unit unless it's part of your degree, either a prescribed unit or an elective.

If you want to have an extra elective, you usually need to contact SES for them to add extra space for you.

Kegs

HSC
I think that maximum is maximum. You cant use shitloads of first year classes as credit in your degree. That is why they have the restriction.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Oops, should've read the thread closer, thanks ben.

buddys

HSC
glitterfairy said:
:/ why are you doing more than 10 first-year units?

and I'd have a talk to SES. But normally, it's a good idea to take their minimum/maximums seriously.

because i started off doing 4 units of non award - 3 of which are not part of the BBA degree - but if i count all the BBA 100 level required units and then add the 4 from non award, i have done 11 first yr units.

So is SES the best place to go for some help or academic advisors? :confused:

thanks

HSC
N/A
If 3 of them aren't part of the BBA degree and you don't have "totally free electives" (in the sense you can pick them from anywhere) then you might be alright.

But yeah, definately talk to SES :)

^___^
HSC
they won't kick you out, after all, they want you to as many 200/300 level subjs too so Chairman Mao can pay for his eternality medicine

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
buddys said:
if the handbook says that the maximum number of 100 level credit points is 30 and i do an extra unit so a total of 33 100 level cps do i still qualify for the degree??

thanks in advance
i think you're fine if you do more cps overall. so say you need to do 72cp to qualify, you yourself will need to do 75cp to qualify for the degree (because if you do 72cp, you'll have more than the maximum at 100 level so 3cp of the 100 level won't be counted towards your degree)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)