"Cricket Stats Manager" Help !! (1 Viewer)

dhavalcoholic

HSC
Hie friends.

I am new to this forum. :)

I am developing a software called "Cricket Stats Manager", which will be useful for cricket clubs and other statisticians for recording stats of various matches & its analysis later on.

Can any one tell me how can I make an ER diagram for it? Which things will come under Entity? Please name as many as you can. :)

Thanks ! :)

Last edited:

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Well, not that I have much (or any) experience with ER diagrams, but I think what you are after are the types of data and things you will be collecting and then what stats you need. Is that right?

Get a cricket scoring sheet or watch a 5 day test and you will see what entities you have.

2 teams
11 batsmen - gaining runs, byes, leg byes, wides, in for balls, time, number of overs, runs gained in what part of the field, outs, how out, who got them out etc

bowlers - overs bowled, runs against them and in what direction, how runs per ball, time bowling, balls bowled, outs and how

And that's just during the game. Then you have total career outs, runs, balls against, time in bat, and so on. There are the records for grounds, partnerships, against carious teams/countries and so on.

You could go to town on the types of stats. Maybe also borrow Wisden's Cricket Almanack from the library. That has all sorts of stats in it.

Good luck.

dhavalcoholic

HSC
Hie..

Thanx a lott.

Okie but my confusion is this....

a "Player" is an entity. It has its own attributes.

Is a "Team" also an entity? Since it has "Players" inside it.

n wat bout "Matches" ??

I ll try making ER diagrams n finding more on it!

Thanx ne ways :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)