Crossing The Red Sea (1 Viewer)

xoxrhixox

HSC
hey our teacher said to explain the story of moses and relate it to Skrzynecki's poem 'Crossing the red sea' if we use it as a prescribed text

Do u think id be able to use the story of moses from the bible as one of my related texts as well?

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
i don't see why not..
Just be careful with the story since most markers know the story quite well.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
use the technique of biblical allusions referring to the isrealites crossing the red sea

Lil_Carlie

HSC
Use it...i am...

I asked my english teacher about using the story of Moses because i know the story well... she said it would be fine and that it links in well...but be sure as said b4 to use the term biblical allusion in relation to sSkrzynecki's poem... :p

KungPow

HSC
Explain the story and relate it? That means it's not an additional text, but that you're using it for your "Lazarus" quote? Sounds like a waste of time to me. You're better off picking a different technique/quote. You don't want to waste too much time talking about Moses and not talking about the actual text and answering the question. As a text on it's own I don't know how well that would hold up either. Does it have any techniques?

*ashlea*

HSC
TECHNIQUES! u really needent worry about techniques, all texts are going to have them.. take word choice for example.. its a technique which EVERY written text has 2 have, or it wouldnt be a written text.. thez always emotive language, imagery, description, figurative language, mood, tone, connotation, etc, etc.. u can find these in pretty much any text.. techniques are easy..
i think using the story of moses is a good idea, u could also relate (through the whole biblical allusion thing) both texts to the book "pilgrims progress" it fits the rubric really well.. and theres an abridged version 2 which is easy 2 read in little time..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)