CSSA Ancient History Trial (1 Viewer)

lyndpul

HSC
Cam O said:
Wow my first post ever!
Usually I just like reading whatever you all have to say about things, but today I thought I may as well contribute.
I don't know about other areas, but for Historical Periods the question was great and simple- "Why did Greece win the Persian Wars" didn't even have to think on that that one
Un fortunately I cancelled that good bit out for bombing on Hatshepsut, even though we just did it in class like a week before.
So not too unhappy, like I was in Maths the other day.That was a true bomb!:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:
I found the exam quite easy. the why did greece persian wars was the best one ever!!! Everyone in my class bar one did that one. If only that was in the HSC.
Maths was a killer, i nearly died lol!!!

Cam O

HSC
Do you guys reckon for the HSC, in the Greek World question, you can just get away with knowing the Persian Wars in detail and just leave everything on the Delain League and all that. Do you think you'd be safe in the HSC just knowing that, because I reckon it's hard enough just to know one bit with ancient historians quotes and everything. Pretty sure we'll get a Persian War question, but not sure

What do you guys reckon?

BoyNextDoor

HSC
I think it only took me about 10-15 minutes to do Section 1 which is our Core topic-Pompeii and Herculaneum!

But then for Section IV, I took ages to do the essay.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Cam O said:
Do you guys reckon for the HSC, in the Greek World question, you can just get away with knowing the Persian Wars in detail and just leave everything on the Delain League and all that. Do you think you'd be safe in the HSC just knowing that, because I reckon it's hard enough just to know one bit with ancient historians quotes and everything. Pretty sure we'll get a Persian War question, but not sure

What do you guys reckon?
why wouldnt you study it? its not that difficult...

Gorjess293

HSC
So how did everyone find the Ancient societies Ramesside period questions ??
or... was i the only one here who did it lol :p which 1 did you find the hardest?

Annalisee

HSC
I mostly screwed up Julius Caesar, i didn't know any of his policies or reforms.

Last edited:

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
lol i didnt do the cssa paper did one set by teachers and seriously this was our persian wars uestions: "Why did Greece go to war with Persia in this time period"
i would just like to see how everyone else would go about answering that?

but besides that really i had to rush my pompei herc zzzzzzz wish i hadnt and i know my hannibal not that great was in 2 parts
(a) describe hannibal's career up to 218 BC and i stopped just after saguntum cause of mental block
(b) assess hannibal's leadership up to and including battle of Cannae
stopped at Cannae cause thats as far as we have gone in topic

but besides that i did fine with the sparta uestions but i guess i need to learn more sources for it

cait33

Doctor's Companion
HSC
i got 3/4 sections back today
P/H easiest thing ever.... i thought i had to think of something else for the volcano q. luckily i got over my blonde moment and answered the question
sparta was good too. forgot one of the festivals, all i could remember was that it started with H and was in honour of Apollo's youthful lover, made up the word and she gave me the mark
xerxes was disaster. hadn't finished the topic so teacher changed the question still didnt know anything about the b q
dealian league..... only have to get 17/25 to get my 80. doable.

nearly fell of my chair in the exams when i turned the paper over and saw my teachers name on the back!

Annalisee

HSC
I got 68% good considering I screwed it majorly.
Did well in sparta 23/25
Average in pompeii, crapper in Greece and bombed JC

cait33

Doctor's Companion
HSC
24/25 pompeii
23/25 sparta
16/25 xerxes
7/25 (!!!!!!!!!) Delian League (i did a transformation essay not answering the q)
really bummed, i was so hopeful for this exam

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
cait33 said:
24/25 pompeii
23/25 sparta
16/25 xerxes
7/25 (!!!!!!!!!) Delian League (i did a transformation essay not answering the q)
really bummed, i was so hopeful for this exam
you didnt do THAT poorly

morning storm

HSC
my mate got 96.5%

24/25 pompeii and herculaneum
24/25 sparta
23/25 julius caesar
24.5/25 fall of the republic...

was this good?

emo-kid-91

Cheer me up?
HSC
morning storm said:
my mate got 96.5%

24/25 pompeii and herculaneum
24/25 sparta
23/25 julius caesar
24.5/25 fall of the republic...

was this good?
no. it's completely terrible and you should be ashamed of yourself.

I AM LYING MY ASS OFF.

those results are really good, excellent even.

my own are not quite as stellar.

19.5/25 - pompeii and herculaneum
21/25 - sparta
20/25 - hatshepsut
21/25 - imperialism (early 18th dynasty egypt)

Zeestylez

HSC
i got 80% which i was happy with considering whatever i studied more for ( stupid thing to do ) wasnt even in the exam or only a small part of it was.

But for Sparta in a 6 mark Q. i got 4 however i listed 6 points and she ticked them all right but i put a - infront of each point and she said to write it in sentence form.

I know it was only 2 marks less but is it valid for her to take 2 points off for a silly - !!!??!!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Zeestylez said:
i got 80% which i was happy with considering whatever i studied more for ( stupid thing to do ) wasnt even in the exam or only a small part of it was.

But for Sparta in a 6 mark Q. i got 4 however i listed 6 points and she ticked them all right but i put a - infront of each point and she said to write it in sentence form.

I know it was only 2 marks less but is it valid for her to take 2 points off for a silly - !!!??!!

Yes - because you are writing history, which for anything other than a List or Name questions must be in sentences as you need to address the instructive word - outline, explain, discuss etc. You wouldn't get full marks at the HSC for an answer written in point form. As a marker in Modern History I have always beem given a maximum mark I can give for a response in point form - and it has never been higher that the top of the third band (6/10 or 9/15 or 15/25 - modern doesn't have answers out of 6 but I would assume that 4/6 would be the maximum possible there). NB This applies to a total response in point form not where a student has written a large chunk of the response and then run out of time and finishes with a few points.

With anything other than the 1 - 2 mark responses in Pompeii, and Societies always use sentences if you want full marks.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
I also got 80% for this exam. I'm pretty happy with that. But hopefully in the actual HSC, I want to get a band 6 for this subject. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)