CSSA Legal Studies Trial (1 Viewer)

gr_111

HSC
no..no about one word per line.. nah i joke... i write really fast. i had about 9 words per line
writing fast is one thing, but you also need to know stuff to write about, which is the bit i struggle with!

shannan94

HSC
Wrote 27 pages (Looks like i win) :)

16 pages for each option plus 6 pags for crime

:)
16 pages for two options plus 6 pages for crime would equal 38 pages (provided you mean 16 for each option) in total - 11 more pages than you claim...

or

16 pages for both options and 6 for crime would equate to 22 pages, 5 pages off your claim?

susan_chao

HSC
what questions did they ask for the CSSA one? I'm doing the independent one :(

shannan94

HSC
what questions did they ask for the CSSA one? I'm doing the independent one :(
Crime was "examine the role of discretion in achieving justice for victims, offenders and society..."

Human rights were pretty straight forward - had to name two statues that protect human rights, explain the contribution of two documents to the recognition of human rights

Anonym0us

HSC
I found it to be pretty easy, MC i powered through in about 6 minutes and i'm pretty confident with all my answers, I knew all the human rights short answer really well, Crime question i nailed, although maybe spent a bit too much time on it.

Essay wise my environment essay was definitely one of my best, i'm a little worried about my family essay though, didn;t really have a lot of cases to incorporate (poor prep for family on my behalf)

I'm hoping for at least 90%+, ill be disappointed with anything below that.
What did everyone get for the MC 18 about 'the max time the jury can deliberate'.. I guessed 8 hrs :S

georgiee_

HSC
There is no maximum or minimum time, it could go on for days. If the jury cannot reach a verdict then the judge decides when to stop and the case is re-tried with a new jury.
... I'm fairly sure.

What did everyone get for the MC 18 about 'the max time the jury can deliberate'.. I guessed 8 hrs :S

georgiee_

HSC
What were the options for that question? I didn't do the cssa exam for legal studies. My school set it's own for a few of the subjects, including legal studies.

shannan94

HSC
Yes, I got the same - 8 hours

There is no maximum or minimum time, it could go on for days. If the jury cannot reach a verdict then the judge decides when to stop and the case is re-tried with a new jury.
... I'm fairly sure.
From May 2006 in NSW majority verdicts of 11:1 or 10:1, were allowed, after a reasonable time for deliberation (not less than eight hours) and where the Court is satisfied that it is unlikely the jury will reach a unanimous verdict.

memo15

HSC

From May 2006 in NSW majority verdicts of 11:1 or 10:1, were allowed, after a reasonable time for deliberation (not less than eight hours) and where the Court is satisfied that it is unlikely the jury will reach a unanimous verdict.

Yep I read 8 hours as well :)

georgiee_

HSC

Yes, but if it isn't a majority verdict (e.g. 9:3), then there is no maximum time for deliberation as it is at the judges discretion.
Unless the question was asking of the maximum time in the case of majority verdicts.

loapowm

Banned
HSC
Yes, but if it isn't a majority verdict (e.g. 9:3), then there is no maximum time for deliberation as it is at the judges discretion.
Unless the question was asking of the maximum time in the case of majority verdicts.
Majority is 10:1 or 11:1.

The question was asking per day.

broncos123

HSC
N/A
what was the answer to the question about which court the sexual assault against the 17 yr old would be heard in? supreme or childrens?

loapowm

Banned
HSC
what was the answer to the question about which court the sexual assault against the 17 yr old would be heard in? supreme or childrens?
Supreme.

If the Child did it- the childrens
If a adult did it- supreme

manscux

HSC
neither it was in fact local... since question specifically said which court would this case FIRST GO to..... every case goies to Local before going to other

i think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)