CSSA Mathematics Advanced Paper (1 Viewer)

Numbers

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
Ah...not Band 6... Probably high Band 4 or low Band 5 if you are lucky?
NAMU! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!?!?! You're kidding right? I'd be soo happy with a high band 4!

Can you provide me with something to back up your statement? Also, my school is REALLY good at Maths, and I've been scoring pretty much the same marks for each of my assessments.

Numbers

Banned
HSC
Aerath said:
Not quite. =\ :p
But I'm sure things will change if you started studying at 8am yesterday. ;)
Ahhhhh, yep, yesterday didn't happen. nor do i think today will happen.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Numbers said:
NAMU! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!?!?! You're kidding right? I'd be soo happy with a high band 4!

Can you provide me with something to back up your statement? Also, my school is REALLY good at Maths, and I've been scoring pretty much the same marks for each of my assessments.
I have few mates in the accleration who scored consistenly around 60% and two of them got around 51% in the Trials. One ended up with 80s in Mathematics and the other got high 70s. And they did 2007 CSSA Trial by the way.

The other guy who is worth mentioning got about 70% in Trial but he got 96 in Mathematics (external).

Numbers

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
I have few mates in the accleration who scored consistenly around 60% and two of them got around 51% in the Trials. One ended up with 80s in Mathematics and the other got high 70s. And they did 2007 CSSA Trial by the way.

The other guy who is worth mentioning got about 70% in Trial but he got 96 in Mathematics (external).
Oh my lord. Seriously, I have new found hope. I really thought Maths would be the killer of my UAI, but you've changed all that. I'm unfettered! I will get a low band 5 whether it kills me! Now, I'm off BoS to study!

Thank you so much Namu, and I'm sorry for ever being a dickhead to you. You're a top bloke. :eek:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Numbers said:
Oh my lord. Seriously, I have new found hope. I really thought Maths would be the killer of my UAI, but you've changed all that. I'm unfettered! I will get a low band 5 whether it kills me! Now, I'm off BoS to study!

Thank you so much Namu, and I'm sorry for ever being a dickhead to you. You're a top bloke. :eek:
Cheers, mate.

tennant

HSC
lyounamu said:
1 = (2-y)/2ycos@ (let @ be equal to alpha here, sorry)

2ycos@ = 2-y
y(2cos@) = 2-y
y(2cos@) + y = 2
y(1+2cos@) = 2
y = 2/(1+2cos@)
Therefore, BD = 2/(1+2cos@)

Hope that explained something.
Thanks for your help. Your maths genius inspires me. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)