CSSA MX2 Trial (1 Viewer)

Johnstan

Sickunt overload
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes... you find T1 and T2 by themselves. Than you divide. The thing you need to recognise is that tan theta = r/h. and u use that fact to simply T1/T2 to get 5:3

:)

Anybody do the sigma question ????

Last part of last question was only limiting sum so is a/(1-r) correct where a =1 and r = 4/9 (i think)???
yeah lol that was the first question i did out of the whole paper... the limiting sum one.. coz i knew i wud forget the formula if i didnt do it on the spot. <3

kman16

HSC
Was the probability question in the multis 12 or 9?
I thought it was a fairly simple paper but i ran out of time and left out 14 marks of Q16. Also didnt get all the circle geo out and coordinates of C. I probably got around 65-70%

manscux

HSC
Was the probability question in the multis 12 or 9?
I thought it was a fairly simple paper but i ran out of time and left out 14 marks of Q16. Also didnt get all the circle geo out and coordinates of C. I probably got around 65-70%
Hi while i "educatedly guessed" this question i got 21. Since would you not use 7C5

Also what did people get for that question that said what is the answer to sum of roots cubed --> a^3 + b^3 + c^3 .. it was multi choice and i wrote -125 ?

correct or not

Two of my concerns in multi choice

Anyone do the recurrence formula question in 16 ?

If you read the back of the paper it was written by a some teachers and a guy from UNSW....... we all know which question this UNSW guy wrote

Johnstan

Sickunt overload
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi while i "educatedly guessed" this question i got 21. Since would you not use 7C5

Also what did people get for that question that said what is the answer to sum of roots cubed --> a^3 + b^3 + c^3 .. it was multi choice and i wrote -125 ?

correct or not

If you read the back of the paper it was written by a some teachers and a guy from UNSW....... we all know which question this UNSW guy wrote
haha yes i saw the unsw and im like oh crap.
this is going down....
what did everyone get for the mechanics question?
it was the one with both forces negative ( grav and reisstance) but wat was on top? dv? or vdv?

manscux

HSC
haha yes i saw the unsw and im like oh crap.
this is going down....
what did everyone get for the mechanics question?
it was the one with both forces negative ( grav and reisstance) but wat was on top? dv? or vdv?
vdv with (-g-kv/2) at bottom

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I can't remember exactly what it was cos I had absolutely no idea where to start. It involved integration with limiting sums or something. :(
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish my school did this paper, these questions are like my strengths lol.

Sindivyn

HSC

correct or not

Polynomial MC was 9 (I think). And combinations, Idk, I got 21 and it seemed too simple, so I put 12 instead :p.

manscux

HSC
For 16 did people express c as log(root A/B) and k as A root A/B

and what did people get for the cylindrical shells question i got pie/2 ?

Also... what how did people prove that the roots of the expression were equal to 5/4 i.e. cos^2 (pie/10) + cos ^2 (pie/5)

Johnstan

Sickunt overload
HSC
Uni Grad
For 16 did people express c as log(root A/B) and k as A root A/B

and what did people get for the cylindrical shells question i got pie/2 ?

Also... what how did people prove that the roots of the expression were equal to 5/4 i.e. cos^2 (pie/10) + cos ^2 (pie/5)
i let them equal alpha beeta ghamma and then did em... got 20/16 so 5/4

abcdefghij123

HSC
does anyone remember the last question exactly?
from memory:
16b)
i) 1 mark algebraic proof --> super easy
ii) recurrence formula for 3 marks using (i) identity... something like prove I(2n+1) = (2n/(2n+1)) x I(2n-1)
iii) prove I(2n+1) = (2^n * n!)/(1x3x5x...x(2n-1)) (2/3marks, can't remember)
iv) i couldn't even get close to typing this one out. it basically was a proof using a summation of iii) for a number of different values of n to get sigma (1/(2n+1)^2) (2marks)
v) using arcsin = x + uglything, prove 1 + 1/3^2 + 1/5^2 ... = pi^2 / 8 (2marks)
vi) find 1 + 1/2^2 + 1/3^2 + ... (2marks

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
test was freaking hard, but my teacher cut out the last 3 questions and put his own (told us this before the exam) - which were apparently tailored for our progress in the course. Hardest conics i've ever seen in my life

seanieg89

HSC
from memory:
16b)
ii) recurrence formula for 3 marks using (i) identity... something like prove I(2n+1) = (2n/(2n+1)) x I(2n-1)
iv) i couldn't even get close to typing this one out. it basically was a proof using a summation of iii) for a number of different values of n to get sigma (1/(2n+1)^2) (2marks)
v) using arcsin = x + uglything, prove 1 + 1/3^2 + 1/5^2 ... = pi^2 / 8 (2marks)
Ah okay I get you. It sounds like one of the pretty standard ways of evaluating that sum, it must have come up in past papers before.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
from memory:
16b)
Basel Problem!

bleakarcher

HSC
Why is Basel Problem so common in MX2 exams?

They've used the living shit out of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)