CSSA Trial Business Studies 2008 (1 Viewer)

thommy

HSC
N/A
Re: The Trials...

chomp said:
GAH!
I am soo annoyed...
I think i screwed up my ext responses for CSSA trials

1. I didnt really do my recomendation for the first question right cause i was soo nervous

2. q 27 outlining the marketing plan and then analyse the impace it has on the method of internationall expansion used
I knew all the content but i couldnt/didnt know how to link them toggether
eek will i lose much marks for linking

My goal to sustain 1st place im guessing is gone. :(
I was so happy, I felt so good in the mc, short answers, and the first ext reponse. I wrote complete and utter garbage for that second one though. I outlined the steps well, but the next bit screwed up. By the sounds of it, most people at my school (Oakhill) stuffed it up, so it might have been the same for your school too. Hence you might still be ranked 1st.

chomp

HSC

sure... but then I must compare my self to others in the state
i.e. like your first place at your school... which i heard is quite large must be fantastic

conics2008

HSC

I think i did better in my bus report and extended response.. wrote approx 7 pages each.. i was happy with the questions aswell.. xD

I love resisting change lol.. xD

yeah hopefully if i ace the short answers and mulitple choice.. my dream of coming 1st will come true lol..

beeen comin 2nd by 1 or 2 marks away :mad:

lol.. in the exam it said calculate the gross profit and gross profit ratio.. some how i managed to do gross proft and net profit lol.. lost 1 mark :mad:

chomp

HSC

Yeh first ext response was ok liek i just sorta forgot to do my recommendation good... but the q 27 i nknew all the content i just had trouble linkning

u-bug

HSC
that was the worst exam ever. we learnt a lot of the emp. rel. topic the week i was away; the week before exams, and i stupidly didn't catch up. i'm expecting below 40%. i hate my life.

greeno8

HSC
N/A
I thought that the exam was pretty easy. Our teacher told us that it was extemly hard, i think he expected people to fail, which was true. The multipul choice was gay as the questions were too open ended. Short answer was easiest section in the exam. Q 26 was easy and wrote 7 pages. Q 28 sucked because the business I had didn't relate to the question at all so I had to remember what the teacher had told us about different things. But overall the exam was good. :cool:

littlemusclse91

HSC
i think most of the cssa trials have not been really hard...having said that i haven't studied enough but they are made out to be way harder than they have been so far

i forgot recommendations for business report grrrr

screnigan

HSC
whatever..

its OVER.
bring on the hsc, so we get this over and done with! :p

thommy

HSC
N/A

chomp said:
sure... but then I must compare my self to others in the state
i.e. like your first place at your school... which i heard is quite large must be fantastic
Don't worry too much about scholl percents, just worry about the ranks. For example, at Oakhill, our business average for the half-yearly reports was 56%, and in some case study report we just did I think the average was about 14/30. The BOS will look at that, and compare it to our Externals, and if people from Oakhill go better than internally, the BOS sees that as our assessments being harder than other schools.

jonaxiang

HSC
Have you guys received your marks back for the exam?..I've received mine and its shit at only 76% but the cohort average for our school was like 61% and we're ranked in the top 100 schools of NSW. That being said i'd say 1/3 of my exam was edited which included the two long responses which pretty much stuffed me up. However i aced the CSSA normal trial exam sections:)

BoyNextDoor

HSC
Nope not yet, I want to get them back soon. Maybe by the end of this week I think.

You still did pretty good though! :)

davOmeter

HSC
Daaa man, protectionism, never even heard of it before the exam, got that one wrong <_<.

Geohood

HSC
Got 78%... only 12 for both extended responses though... is that good?

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
I received 65% my lowest mark ever in business studies i received full marks for some sections and 17 for the business report and 10 for the extended response eh i blame the hard markers called tough teachers in my school.
The highest being 83%
:argue:
btw my half yearly was 78% and i have received marks of 92% and 84% also in assignments

freaksoutalot

HSC
got my results back today.

17/20 = multiple choice

32.5/35 = short answer (1 five mark question was removed for my class as we had not learned it yet)

17/20 = business report

19/20 = extended response

85.5 / 95 = 90% pretty happy (ranked 1st, 2nd came in at 77% so pretty stoked)

jonaxiang

HSC
No use comparing marks with other schools for the trials. I for one am doing a stupid altered CSSA trial where the extended response questions are pathetic as well as one altered short answer question. Good marks posted so far but just ace the actual HSC exam is what i'll be aiming to do :hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)