CSSA Visual Arts Paper (1 Viewer)

Sezza08

HSC
What'd we all think of it?

I loved the essay questions. They were all really good, was deciding between conceptual framework question one and frames question one. ended up picking the frames question... wish i had more time though, i had so much to write about..

ascarade91

HSC
It was pretty easy if you think about it. Within that 45 minutes for the essay writing, i managed to write 10 pages about the conceptual frameworks of my artists.
3 Unit maths was going on at the same time as this exam and there was a bloke at the front, saying "I wish i had a time machine". Quite funny.

HSC
i thought it was ok... i did the 1st conceptual framework one about shocking audiences.

i didnt like the panels though...

Sezza08

HSC
humglish said:
My school won't tell us where they buy the trial papers, and they add their own cover so we can't tell.

Did the CSSA have the questions about the louvre and Andy Warhol?

Or was that independant?
No, the CSSA paper didnt have anything about the Louvre or Andy Warhol. You must have done the independent paper.. otherwise your school could have made their own?

HSC
ascarade91 said:
It was pretty easy if you think about it. Within that 45 minutes for the essay writing, i managed to write 10 pages about the conceptual frameworks of my artists.
3 Unit maths was going on at the same time as this exam and there was a bloke at the front, saying "I wish i had a time machine". Quite funny.
10 pages?:eek:

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
humglish said:
My school won't tell us where they buy the trial papers, and they add their own cover so we can't tell.

Did the CSSA have the questions about the louvre and Andy Warhol?

Or was that independant?
i have contacts.

name your school and i can tell you the author of your trial

tangotrace

SUPER HERO
HSC
woo! just got home from my exam... smashed it i think (HOPE)... i did Q10- art being a technique of communication. talked about Tracey Moffatt and her use of signs and symbols to communicate aspects of her past then discussed Mark Rothko's use of colour to communicate particular emotions. I then went on to explain that despite the simplicity or the complexity of the message, it is still a message, therefore communication... bla bla bla went on and on etc. you know the deal :D
OO and the short response quns were ACE! i did a huge study on Ben Quilty at the beginning of this year so I was able to elaborate about his process etc. :D Then the other two weren't bad at all... hopefully my marks reflect my confidence :S

Last edited:

emmmy

HSC
i have my trial tomorrow :|
epp
im not very prepared.. eugh..

emmmy

HSC
humglish said:

quote]

same!!!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
emmmy said:
i have my trial tomorrow :|
epp
im not very prepared.. eugh..
It's ok, while its good to prepare, art is the kind of exam you can honestly walk into with zero study and still get very good marks

emmmy

HSC
-may-cat- said:
It's ok, while its good to prepare, art is the kind of exam you can honestly walk into with zero study and still get very good marks
i think i did ok.. not the best but average :)
so..
but im aiming for 40ish /50 for my major so as long as i get ok marks in my theory :D

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
emmmy said:
i think i did ok.. not the best but average :)
so..
but im aiming for 40ish /50 for my major so as long as i get ok marks in my theory :D
You might suprise yourself, i thought i screwed up a few questions a little and i ended up getting like 96%, the same things been happening for my english trials, where i was convinced i bombed a section ive actually done ok, so you never know, everyone is their own worst judge.

HSC
for my art i studied 2 hours before and got 41/50 hahah, i did a question on symbolism it was sweet! Did artists, lindi lee, bill viola, julie rrap and talked about 9 different artworks. Im thankful because my teacher always hands out sheets about artists and actually has theory lessons lol

superbludger

HSC
I always end up doing the conceptual framework questions and the trial was no different. I think it was the one that asked you to talk about artworks that shock and challenge audiences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)