CSU-Bathurst (1 Viewer)

just_me

just_me
HSC
yer thanx mate that was a help, i am living in sydney atm but i want to come up early next year if i get accepted to try and get a job before everyone arrives.

i havent been to orange before, is it far from bathurst? the only problem would be if i had to go to orange is the i wont have a car unfortunatley ill have to leave that behind!

Thanx again.

d.slayer

HSC
Approx 45min on Bus From Orange to Bathurst
(bus go back and forth regulary)
You could easily by a seconld hand car here as well.
But Yeah Most Department Stores are looking fo new ppls now untill Early December. But if you need any more Info just ask. Glad to help.

D

bex

HSC
eh... dont start me about job hunting!!! ive been searching all year- well passively searching anyway! there are jobs on campus at the dining hall and at the radio station and stuff.. but downtown is really the place to find jobs.. if youre willing to work here in the holidays then your chances are immediately increased by like a zillion percent, if you have experience well that helps a lot too! eh.. im rambling, i need to rest my head after serious melbourne cup partying last night!

dimsims

HSC
My sister lives in towers at CSU and she lives 98 steps from the bar.....need i say more????

jizmiester

I LOVED TOWERS THIS YEAR, a bit dissapointed that i didnt get again but im sure il be just as happy in JOV...its pretty much the say atmosphere...just different ppl...

im sorry fro... but il have to say CATERED all the WAY!!!!

Fro

HSC
Jez, each to their own mate,
Thing is, when i leave uni not only will i have a communications degree - but i will also have the cullinary skills to survive the real world... when i choose to face it.
Tired and hungry,
Fro

PS - Jez thanx for fixin us up at dominoes mate - 8 pizzas, 2 garlic breads and 2 cokes for only $14 aint to shabby :)

bex

HSC
dimsims said:
My sister lives in towers at CSU and she lives 98 steps from the bar.....need i say more????
she counted! haha thats gold!

my culinary skills, needless to say are in the 'experimental' phase..

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
JOV va Towers --> which is better?? And when do we need to send off applications for accomodation..?? Cheers

bex

HSC
its a big call on whats better.. im towers biased because ive been there for 2 years and am staying for a 3rd. so im going to give you the pros and cons of towers!

Pros
*there are 30 people in a dorm therefore instant 29 friends!
*closest accomodation to dining hall, W9, Cunningham House and 2MCE (if you are a comm student you will need these!) Not to mention THE famous (and probably infamous) UNIBAR and CSUSAB (student) building.
*its an extremely social environment- there is always something going, organised or unorganised, usually involving alcohol and almost always involving a game of some sort!
* towers pub run- only the most awesome day of the year! (think 200 adolescents marching down the streets of bathurst in hot pink shirts)
*the hot water and electricity are seemingly everlasting
*every room has a heater (like in JOV too) but cause the rooms are so close together the building warms really quickly
* the building is full concrete which means you cant hear the goings on of your neighbour and his/ her sex slave into the early hours of the morning unlike the paper thin JOV walls
*we have our own racing greyhound called Towers! (beat that JOV!)

Cons
* a dorm of 30 people- 29 possible enemies!
*the rooms are tiny but all the essentials are there- bed desk, chair, shelves, drawers wardrobe, heater, towel rack, desk lamp
* share toilets and showers (2 showers and 2 toilets between 8 people- not sure about the ratio in JOV)
*it looks like a gaol- which is actually an advantage as there isnt usually too much of a fuss if the building gets destroyed on bar nights. JOV looks like woomera. it was built as temporary accomodation in the 70's and just stayed there!
*we are the furthest building from the library (when i say far, im talking maybe 100metres?!), most classrooms, the gym and the computer labs (which are like smack bang in the middle of the uni anyway)
*the buildings go straight up. its a pain in the ass haulling a bar fridge up 4 flights of stairs!! but it depends whether you are 30 week (meaning you move in and out of the same room each term) or 40 week. the top 2 floors are 40 week dorms so they only have to move in at the beginning of the year and out at the end
*the social events are the perfect way to procrastinate
*the fire alarms are so freaking loud! (maybe a good thing?)

mmm i think thats about it. as for cut off dates, no idea- returning students applied ages ago- so try the csu website: csu.edu.au
hope i helped!

Andronicarse

The Mothership Connection
HSC
jizmiester said:
and dont just think that because you have a high UAI that you are automatically in...Although believe me it does help a lot!
I got into Journalism on a UAI in the 70's range. It has never been brought up either.

Also is it Fro as in A _ _ _ _ N ?

Fro

HSC
That it is!
Who would you be Andronicarse?
I dont really care about alias'. Just noone really knows me for my given name

bex

HSC
yeah.. who are you bathurst people!? my name kinda gives it away bex-> bec.. originality plus!

i think we should have a who's who of csu on this forum. ill start

hello. my name is: bec
i study: com radio.
in: 3rd year next year (holy shit its here already!)
i live: in towers, on campus
but come from: sydney in the lovely west
i like: the uni bar and the ox in summer
i dislike: dining hall's interpretation of usually easy meals- beef schnitzel or chicken strog anyone!?
i wish: i wasnt so bored right now and someone would do my assignment for me

NEXT!

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL, thanks Bex. I'm still tossing up between JOV and Towers, maybe i'll just head back down and have another look.

I can't even decide on my degree -- either B Early Childhood Education/B Nursing or B Social Science (Psych)/B of Teaching (Primary Education) -- do you reckon either cut off will rise much? they were about 72 and 74 respectivly, and I got 78.05 in 2003, reckon i'd still make it...?

Bloody decisions shit me ;)

Hopefully see you guys next year though!

Fro

HSC
Who am I?

Good idea bex... mine is very similar to yours
my name is: fro... or for those special people - ashton
i study: com radio.
in: 1st year - so close to second
i live: in traditional diggings, on campus
but come from: sydney (down south - the shire)
i like: drinking and drinking... the social scene
i dislike: People who shit me
i wish: i didnt have to study nor go downtown and meet our cleaner for drinks at the RSL... i just wanna drink and play cricket or volleyball in the sun...
i also wish it wasnt dry campus

thats about it!
that was fun... procrastination always is
Seeyall next year!
-Fro

lolly_161

wooohoo!

i got early entry in bachelor of education primary into CSU bathurst! im so excited!

lol...sorry...just had to share the excitement...

LaUrEn

Andronicarse

The Mothership Connection
HSC
Well alrighty then

Andronicarse: Andy (that andy. with the less impressive hair)
Study: Journalism
In: 1st year
Live: bathurst is my home
I like: sun and beer. preferably together.
Dislike: having to wait in line for beer (stupid rafters)
i wish: i had finished my assessments. i regret it now

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
hello. my name is: Liz
i study: Hopefully Social Science (Psych)/Teaching (Primary Ed) next year.
in: Will be starting first year in 2005 unless UAI's skyrocket.
i live: Sydney - St George, Hopeing for JOV next year!
i like: Esky at work (namley happy hour!), Revesby Workers and HP ;)
i dislike: My Job, waiting for January 17th and Feburary 20th.
i wish: Next year would hurry up. I've wasted this year anyway, I wish it would hurry up and finish! You lot seem to have a great time on Campus, and I can't wait to get there!

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
heya
man i love csu
final fling went off... well the eddy did anyways..the unibar was a bit of a dud
just thought i'd pop back into bos and looks liek the csu forum has taken of a bit..so thats always good...
i'm hamish
2nd yr next yr
studying Bpsych
highly recommend JOV!!! whe u hav a good dorm, thin walls dont matter, everyone's noisy :)
cant wait till next yr

bex

HSC
hmmm ive heard of you hamish.. i cant think from where though.. maybe its a different hamish!? which hut were you in?

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
yeh u might hav heard of me, i know q few ppl in towers and i get the feeling i might know u
i was in bhut JOV
hmmmm...very incognito...or not *shrugs

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)