Current Economic Issues (1 Viewer)

Bibster

HSC
I have an economics assessment on current economic issues. The task is to investigate a contemporary economic issue, event or concern and i have to prepare a written 1200-1500 word report.

Can anyone help me think up a current economic issue, event or concern?? It does not have to be very current. It can be a few years back. Such issues could be the swine flu however someone is already doing that so i cant do that topic. Teacher is on long service leave and doesn't get back till 2 weeks before assessment is due so i really need urgent help. I really need to increase my rank.

Thanks in advance.

sannous1

HSC
You can talk about the how the US credit crunch is affecting australian unemployment rates or you could talk about the current recessipon we are in and what caused it.

sannous1

HSC
you could also talk about whether the governments stimulus package will actually help our economy.

gnrlies

HSC
Swine flu? What the hell does that have to do with anything....

random-1005

Banned
HSC
I have an economics assessment on current economic issues. The task is to investigate a contemporary economic issue, event or concern and i have to prepare a written 1200-1500 word report.

Can anyone help me think up a current economic issue, event or concern?? It does not have to be very current. It can be a few years back. Such issues could be the swine flu however someone is already doing that so i cant do that topic. Teacher is on long service leave and doesn't get back till 2 weeks before assessment is due so i really need urgent help. I really need to increase my rank.

Thanks in advance.
maybe US sub prime mortgage crisis, honestly have you been awake for the past yr
and the two mini budgets, the stimulus
$11 billion Dec 08
$42 billion Mar 09

the budget that just came out last night
predicted $57 billion deficit. is this debt sustainable/responsible for our economy? there will be plenty of debates on tv about this in the nxt week, etc

$210 billion tax revenue lost in lower business profits

there is endless stuff to talk about

Last edited:

norelle

HSC
Swine flu? What the hell does that have to do with anything....
swine flu can be related to a lot of issues.
1. decline in airline stocks, decline in tourism revenue in the economy,
2. the part of the pig that gets made into bacon fell,
3. fewer pigs means less feedstock required to feed them, prices of wheat and soybean fell,
4. people staying at home and so restaurants, cafes, shopping centres and theatres all can be affected.

gurmies

Drover
HSC
I'd say unemployment, lack of economic growth, risk of deflation are key contenders.

Pupzrollin

HSC
Since the federal budget was released yesterday, you could pick anything from there such as inflation, interest rates, "the huge deficit".Yeah, external stability wouldn't be a bad option!

random-1005

Banned
HSC
3. fewer pigs means less feedstock required to feed them, prices of wheat and soybean fell,
4. people staying at home and so restaurants, cafes, shopping centres and theatres all can be affected.
very technical

spence

HSC
Thinking of an event to use would possibly be the easiest thing you could ever do

gnrlies

HSC
5. Creating international panic
6. Increasing pharmaceuticals profits
n. Creating earthquakes in zimbabwe.

My point is that swine flu is completely irrelevant to the HSC course and any teacher who would give an assignment that would see a student writing about swine flu should be sacked.

Now given that I dont think the teacher who wrote the question had swine flu in mind, I would encourage Bibster to consider topic 3 which is entitled "Economic Issues"

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)