Cycle of erosion? (1 Viewer)

frezzel

HSC
Can someone please explain in simple step by step terms what the cycle of erosion is? I have tryed googling it, but there does not seem to be any simple explanation.

Cheers, freya :confused:

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
frezzel said:
Can someone please explain in simple step by step terms what the cycle of erosion is? I have tryed googling it, but there does not seem to be any simple explanation.

Cheers, freya :confused:
This is what Mr. Wiki has to say: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycle_of_erosion.

However, this doesn't seem to be in the syllabus. The closest thing I can think of is eutrophication.

Jono_2007

My fingers are slowly slipping off a cliff!....HEL
HSC
By erosion do you mean the depletion of the ozone layer? If so:
Ozone in the stratosphere is constantly being formed and decomposed by natural effects. The ozone formed strongly absorbs ultraviolet radiation and undergoes photochemical decomposition to form O2 and oxygen atoms.
O3(g) -->O2(g) + O(g)

But that is the natural process, the depletion of the ozone layer occurs when certain molecules find their way up into the ozone layer. An example would be NO(g):
NO(g) + O3(g) -->NO2 O2(g)

Last edited:

frezzel

HSC
thanks guys, i think i will ask the teacher when i go back to school just t be on the safe side, but thanks for your help anyway (sorry about the delayed reply, i have been away)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)