d HARD part! (1 Viewer)

R

randhi

right at this moment starting it and doing the footnotes!!! its very frustating but once u get into it i suppose ur fine

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
how the bloody hell did you people start the essay. im talking first sentence nothing is working :(

| n i s s y |

HSC
Aaliyah...erhandhi is that u???!! :)

u guys did the synopsis first right? HOW did u do it ! tell me! im soo stuck on what 2 rite!

R

randhi

i know!!!
i i've finished my synopsis but i feel i'm just repeating my self
oh by the way hey Bernnie!!!!! yeppe anther baulko!!!
okay for the synopsis i wrote what my question is how i came about it, then my judgement and then what else i used t come up with it.
i hope thats right because i just feel i'm writing crap an repeating myself however that could because i keep rereading!! argghhh
anyhow i'm stuck on my actual essay i can't start!!! the intro was just what my debate is then what my judgement is but after that my structure is basically non existant

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
starting it and ending it with a brilliant conclusion

footnoting sucks if you've lost the pages

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by | n i s s y |
Aaliyah...erhandhi is that u???!! :)

u guys did the synopsis first right? HOW did u do it ! tell me! im soo stuck on what 2 rite!
Hahaha I forgot about the synopsis part, so I did it last night...

R

randhi

i don't think i will i've done 900 words yepppe and now i'm just dead

in a drag club full of glitter...no, seriously!
i think we're all agreed that the hardest part is starting!!!
I find one of the best ways to start writing any essay is to make an overall plan of what im going to put in it - then the order i'll speak about things - then elaborate under each section slightly - then think of what things can be used to link together the sentences - then create a list of all the quotes etc. that i want to put in. The actual writing of the essay itself is then made much simpler - u simply expand on what uve planned!

good luck everybody!

| n i s s y |

HSC
Originally posted by angelduck
Nah, best not just to make up pages, coz they might check em and you'll loose marks, and that wont be good!
Come on...do u really fink the teacher whose gonna have to be marking heaps essays will really bother checking up each footnote....? how can they chek em wifout the books n e way?

Caratacus

HSC
N/A
Jeez | nissy | Keith Windschuttle would chop you up if he find you wuz fakin dem footnotes. Teachers have wayz and meanz eg the Department of Education infrared spy satellite that can watch ya 24/7 & check on stuff like that.

& aren't you up and coming junior historians supposed to really care about stuff like fake references?

R

randhi

considering what we are learning in history, if they having been making sources to fit their point of argument why can't we???
yes yes i know we are suppose to be more orthodox about things especially after history ext.... but i can't be stuffed at this moment of time although i don't want to produce a source that doesn't exist and write it on my footnote and then have my teacher expecting one to produced, if u know what i mean.

deja voux and nis we have to do source analysis!!! guys i haven't done it

Caratacus

HSC
N/A
LOL! So if yer a trendy post-modernist HSC student a la Foucault or Reynolds etc then ya just make up your sources & footnotes for yer IRP but if yer a grumpy traditionalist like Windschuttle then yer really scrupulous about your citations.

Practical Historiography 101!

Acid

HSC
If they ask you why you had fake footnates, just say it's irrelevant, as all history is nothing more than discourse and there is no such thing as historical truth anyway. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)