Damn Maths 2U (1 Viewer)

revoltism

OK heres the thing
i fukin suck at maths 2u, its a piece of shit that i really hate and in that case would say the cliched phrase of "whats the point of this ..whats the point of that im not going to use it when im 30!!etc!!"
None the less , i chose to do it and i know its important for some uni courses therefore i have to at least try to get something decent.
Well while looking through the past papers from around 95 - 02
i have realised how easy 95 is compared to fukin 02!
seriously, is it just me or have they lost their minds now?
Looking at my stress indicator (which i have to add really does work, and i use it so that i know at what point i am about to punch the shit out of my desk) i have seen i have no stress at all with Maths tests below '98ish but i lose my mind when i do something from 99-2002.... if this is what i think it is, then Why did they make 2u harder as the years go by? !?
I mean ive noticed the setting out, language used in questions and lengths of solutions they need have become a lil more difficult... What is some poor Etheopian kid knows his shit but doesnt know exactly wtf the markers want because he cant understand?? (no racism intended...)
:confused:

Well once that question is answered, can someone tell me what they do if they are like me with a bad memory and a brain that pushes old stuf out when they learn something new? how do u hold all this shit in your memory? Well to cut that stupid questions short, how do u tend to have time to memorise all the topic formulas with out having to revise chapters for 2 days etc?
Thanks!
Hopefull someone will bother to read this and help me out!!
:chainsaw:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
agreed, ur mentality that u take into the exam room must be positive and u must b confident, wheneva ur negative u will fuk it up...and as Over97 has sed, do a shitload of qs esp. from past papers

Left-ism

HSC
the difficulties vary...the 1995 hsc paper was the easiest one of the easiest papers in decades. it doesnt really matter really..cos evry1 is doing the same test. rank matters......

Winston

HSC
some of you's don't understand, yes the older papers for 2 Unit maths does seem easy, why? because we had so many practice papers that had those type of questions, but u gotta look at the candidates back then, did the 1970's papers actually have those type of questions they asked in the 1980's paper and etc etc... see? it's actually in a way very fair, it looks easy to us because teachers have been continuously ripping these questions and puting it in our assessment exams, and it's gotten so easy to us.

revoltism

Cyph.. so 2002, 2001 and 1999 are most important is this due to the layout and question types?
That sucks since i can never get those ones right right.

Ok how about this...
My friend has a lot of subjects to study for and has less time to study for maths than most people, but he still doesnt know all the topics .. should he spend the for example 3days study left on revision exercises or past papers? Taking into account that if he only concentrates on past papers he wont get all of it done since he doesnt know all the formulas etc... Can someone think of a way to study and get the most out of it cause im kind of in the same situation.

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
2000's snow plow question is bitter death..

a guy from my school got it in the actual exam.. i hate talented people:chainsaw:

i think if u can get that out first try, then you'd be pretty set to get 98th to 100th percentile in 2u maths

or maybe it's just the sort of question that i don't like..

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh that was a good question, i think that was a lil harder than the q 10 in 2002 (which was a lot of differentiation and shit)

kimmy5

revoltism, i've got the EXACT same problem as you and your friend..... i've only got 3 days allocated for math-solid study!!!
i'm just gonna skim the textbook in the first day and do the last questions, learn the formula's etc.... then i'm just gonna plough through some past exam papers... that way i can keep the stuff i learnt on the first day fresh in my mind.

but i'm also pretty f*&%%$ when it comes to maths!

Bepps

I think its a bit late to cover every thing in detail. 2u's not that bad, the papers usually follow the same format. Just do the papers from the last 3 years (like Cyph suggested) and do other schools trials if you can get you hands on them - I know they are not "the real thing" but they often cover things you forget about and that may come up in the HSC.
I haven't even looked at papers from pre-99, they are set out differently, and i think its important to get used to the new hsc format - apparently now they have tried to integrate more literacy into math and thats why the questions are so much more wordy now. :)

Winston

HSC
yeah but sometimes you may be extremely lucky they put something just not expected but is actually learnt

i remember i got this question right but most 3 units were a little confused, it was part of the typical Question two co-ordinate geometry questions, it just had a shaded region on the provided graph and they asked for the equations of the regions, most people were lost as it wasnt much a typical question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)