Dance Studio Locations (1 Viewer)

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
Ahoi,

im thinking of learning some dancing.. hah!

a small group of ppl r interesting in learning nething, like where u take a 9 week class or sumthing. I duno much about styles but if neone knows of ne good classes around beeroft/epping area could u let us know plz :D

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
well its not near beecroft but sydney dance company are awesome (they are on wharf 9 i think, in the rocks)

they have a heap of different styles as well as levels, and you can pay per class

just google sydney dance company and you'll find it - really recommend it, and some awesome teachers too!

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
hmmmm bit of a travel, ill try googling their site or sumthing,

whats a good style? me and a partner r interested in ballroom :p but nething which will give me some good stuff for clubs etc so i dont look like a total tool :p

thanks neway :)

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
Whats latin? I found this place located in chatswood/parra/northmead which seems quite good.... they offer begginer classes for
International Latin - Cha Cha Cha, Rumba, Samba & Jive
Modern Ballroom - Waltz, Tango
Street Latin - Salsa, Merengue, Samba de Carnivale'

and from what i gather they go thru a bit of each in the beginner...

but then again i get all confused in these and i prolly dunno what im talking about

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Sydney Dance co have some great Hip Hop classes at all levels. Also Dance Central have good classes as well but I have never done their hip hop classes. They are both in the city. For Latin I think there is a place on Broadway down near Glebe Pt Rd intersection but I forget what it is called, don't know if it is any good though. Also I think I saw some hip hop and latin classes advertised at City dance centre.

I want to learn ballroom/latin now.... I saw mad hot ballroom the other night and now I am inspired by those little kids lol. I've done ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary, funk, national, belly dancing and bollywood in the past lol except I always run out of time/money to keep it up now that I am at uni so I usually just go to a casual class every now and then which means I never get good or fit, but it is fun.

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
nah ive got to learn something now! my sister jsut got engaged so i got about a year to learn :p

I was thinking of 'Dance Latino' which i realised i jsut said above..... woops

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
if you can travel to wollongong, i know of heaps of dance studios that are really good.
well, i think they are really good.
but since your in Sydney area, and prob. dont want to travel to Wollongong, i cant help you.
But good luck with finding a dance studio and have fun dancing. its really great and so much fun and can give someone so much more confidance.

try google or the local phone book?

olchik

HSC
-Swifty- said:
Ahoi,

im thinking of learning some dancing.. hah!

a small group of ppl r interesting in learning nething, like where u take a 9 week class or sumthing. I duno much about styles but if neone knows of ne good classes around beeroft/epping area could u let us know plz :D
Oh you like dancing! That's cool, I like dancing too:)

iTCHeZ

Da Fei GHeY
HSC
To answer your question about dance classes... if you are interested in hip hop.... check out Dancekool at www.dancekool.com
there are 2 venues...one near townhall *at City Dance Centre* and the other in parramatta (dunno if i can spell it right) near the Sicily italian restaurant i think.
u can find more info at the above site...but at least check out all the options you have.

HSC
N/A
Popular styles people might be interested in:

Salsa --> Club Salsa (google it)
Hiphop/Funk --> Sydney Dance Company (Circular Quay) or Brent St Studios (Waterloo). Be warned, there's a lot of hip-hop-wannabe/"faux-hop" studios out there! If you go to SDC, my favourite teachers are Yolanda Thomas, Juliette Verne and Robin Laou (forgotten her last name exactly). Amy Pow works you hard, but her chorey's good.

Swifty - Latin, Ballroom and Street Latin refer to a set of dances. Each has a distinctive type of rhythm and tempo and most people tend to learn them in a "set".

If anyone's in Wollongong, Sher's Studio of Modern Dance is THE BEST... K&V is also pretty awesome.

Ash: you did belly dancing too? AWESOME! I love bellydancing... me and me zills are like *this*!

donkeydrop

HSC
do the hip-hop classes get really busy or it depends if its day or night time, i feel a bit uncomfortable with learning when many ppl are present.

i wanna go to Dance Central or maybe other studios near Bondi to at least learn some basic and decent moves :)

thanks

Last edited:

iTCHeZ

Da Fei GHeY
HSC
i'm sure every place has a "beginners" class so u can learn basic moves anywhere.
What is the main purpose of learning how to dance if u feel embarrassed with many people present for? It's like school, learning a subject, learning a sport.
If you feel embarrassed learning in those classes then why would you learn to dance?
Isn't it all about having fun in the learning process?

HSC
N/A
It's also about overcoming self-consciousness and overcoming challenges :)

Most good classes will be packed, beginner classes even more so. (And you WANT to go to the good classes) Take a friend to make it easier - the scariness of the class will wear off quickly :)

Bboymot

Freshest member ever
HSC
You want to learn to dance hey?

Learn to break. www.bboy.org

Failing that, get some friends together and go to ballroom lessons ;). Dancing is soo fun, and the girls love it too :)

Charlyboi

hey

authentic hip hop is like, no routines, rather the styles such as bboying, popping, or locking. for that you're gonna have to be in city. the city dance studio on castlereagh is great, teriyaki paradise studio near hyde park, and there are some run inside sydney and nsw uni. just go to www.dancekool.com wit a possible .au

they teach modern hip hop as well there, guy named darrio who's choreographed for bobby brown one time teaches there. castlereagh street. check it out.

cheers

charles the dancer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)