Dancing With the Stars - down with Nikki Webster (1 Viewer)

Nikki Webster, should she go?

• Yes, totally unfair

Votes: 34 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
em_516 said:
i can't stand her music or her dancing..and she is too thin..and she is NOT an australian icon..and neither is guy..
whoa, i admit Nikki's not an australian icon, but don't bring Guy into it ?! =/

dancing with the stars isn't about the dancing skills, anyway. it's a popularity contest. hello, pauline hanson runner up last time ? yeah, she was an EXCELLENT dancer. not.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it's a tv show, who cares. bec danced as well didn't she?

waterfowl

HSC
iambored said:
it's a tv show, who cares. bec danced as well didn't she?
Yes but I don't think she had as extensive training as nikki.
You can tell the little brat (nikki) has dance experience, she does more complex stuff than everyone else.

And if people want to know why so many hate her, listen to her in interviews, especially the one on Today Tonight last night talking about her and Dancing With the Stars; she's just so arrogant.

D.Larie

lol Nikki Webster isn't an Australian Icon - and the same goes for Guy.
To me, they're both just newbie popstars with teenage fans.

Aussie Icons? They've got a long way to go.

HSC
ewww! icon- by no means

i used to detest nicki webster but then i realised it was abit harsh. i mean she's having a go at least.

i agree she does sound abit to try hard mature and snobby which does not balance out with that whole girly girl 13 yr old image but we shouldn't all go tall poppy syndrome on her!

I told my mum before dancing with the stars started that the Australian public would turn on her - did she actually think it would help out her career?

Carlito

HSC
Holly Brisley took an interest in dancing at a young age and joined Paradise Performers Dance Academy"

She has won numourous dance competitons in the past.

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
waterfowl said:
I don't usually watch the entire show, although I do flick over; but I think it is unfair that Nikki Webster should compete. She has had dance training since she was around four, a bit unfair on those who have none.

Note: this opinion is also slightly affected by the fact that I can't stand Nikki Webster!
Same could have been said of Bec Cartwright

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
em_516 said:
i can't stand her music or her dancing..and she is too thin..and she is NOT an australian icon..and neither is guy..
GASP! LEAVE GUY ALONE! He is funky! I think he is a great entertainer and it seems Australia truly appreciates him as a Australian artist because he seems to have the most range of fans, from little kiddies to grandparents. And while I don't think he had enough credit to be branded an ICON, he is still a great addition to the talented Aussie music scene

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Personally, I reckon she should be booted out. But she defended herself today on the Kyle and Jackie-O by saying that she hadn't had professional dance training for six years, and she also brought in a certificate from her ballet days saying that she JUST passed with flying colours.

And by the way, her and her partner aren't a couple. I don't blame her, that dude's gay.
"Oh, happy Valentine's day" *hands over a rose to her*

What a poof.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i think its because she is OUR age, and represents us because she (or tries to be) in the spotlight, or in the press...

An "Aussie Icon" as someone put it....

If she's going to represent us as a scrawny little girl singing about strawberry kisses, of course you're going to be outraged.

We're a little more sophisticated than that,

and so there's my reasoning for my hatred.

Last edited:

artfag

Banned
HSC
Nomad said:
do you guys even have valid reasons for hatin nikki webster? i mean, wots wrong wit her?
y be soooo offensive to her, after all, she is an aussie icon, isnt she?
is that you, nikki?

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Hahahaha

She is? No point in defending yourself Nomad. The majority of people here just don't seem to like you that much...

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
funky_a said:
GASP! LEAVE GUY ALONE! He is funky! I think he is a great entertainer and it seems Australia truly appreciates him as a Australian artist because he seems to have the most range of fans, from little kiddies to grandparents. And while I don't think he had enough credit to be branded an ICON, he is still a great addition to the talented Aussie music scene
lol go u :D but you're wasting your typing effort with these people =/

persephone

HSC
i really don't care if she has dancing experience. it's not like they win anything for themselves but for their charity. i think the only reason they're complaining about it is because they won't have as much air time because they'll be kicked off. without such airtime how are they supposed to reinvigorate their failing careers (because seriously, they're not that famous are they?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)