data loggers projectile (1 Viewer)

lepton_index

HSC
Syllabus extract: perform a first-hand investigation, gather information and analyse data to calculate initial and final velocity, max height reached, range and time of flight of a projectile for a range of situations by using simulations, data loggers and computer analysis

Has anybody done projectile with data loggers? If you have, please give a brief explanation of how you set up the equipment. Thanks alot,

A_J_Gray

yeah i did it man
its pretty easy
have you got the back?
if you have that then it should all be done in 2 minutes

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
it's all about getting the correct reading from the alcorithmic reader. usually a reading of 40-60 is average, if not you should check to see if the logarithmic caculation is correct. if not well....u r up shit creek with no paddle

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
look at timmys notes for what he said
or just make it up sif theyll ask that useless shit in the hsc

kheir

HSC
is this right
u use time gats to measure the initila velocity of the projectle as it moves on an elevated stage then u make it land on carbon paper or something like thta so thta you can measure he horizontal distance travelled then use all thos ugly formulas
i dnt know is thta what the syllabus dot point is askin coz my skool doesnt belive in doing pracs

helper

HSC
N/A
This is unlikely to be this years question as it was in last years HSC, Q16. There are many options.

Using your method, mention the gates are a small known distance apart in the plane of motion so as to obtain a final velocity. The better method is to have a pressure pad at the end which will measure the time of flight as well. Use this with the formulas.

In last years HSC they rolled a ball along a table and used a motion sensor to measure the original horizontal momentum.

One companies full setup can be found in their manual:
ftp://ftp.pasco.com/manuals/English/ME/ME-6810/012-05088D/012-05088D.pdf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)