Dating your tutor at uni? (1 Viewer)

integral95

HSC
I added my lab supervisor on fb, and she's pretty cute ;)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Omg one of my tutors hasn't told us his name

I need a starting point to begin stalking :(

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Nek minnit tutor has a double life as a model like that Maths dude who's all over fb

enoilgam

HSC
I used to be a tutor at USyd and there is a policy where tutors have to avoid being in a position where there is a conflict of interest iirc. I don't think it explicitly says that relationships are forbidden, but the tutor must maintain a code of conduct to be fair to all students. Usually the tutor has a responsibility to consult the head of school or whoever is in charge of managing the tutors if they find themselves in a position where there is a conflict of interest. It hasn't happened in my cohort of tutors but I think there are options such as providing the paper to another marker or something like that.

Don't fully take my word for it though, because I'm basing this off piecing together my memory of the employment contract I signed ages ago haha.
This definitely seems like it would be the case - clearly, it represents a conflict of interest and I couldn't imagine a major institution like USyd not having it in the contract/code of conduct for a tutor.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
which subject

I wouold probably know
Essential Chem 1. Not too good with identifying people's ethnicity, so not sure what he is :/ Slightly tanned, dark hair. I have him for the computer lab.

niceshoes

HSC
N/A
There's a story somehow related to this, where this girl had a tutor (honours student) where most of the girls found attractive/ had a crush on. I don't know how he looks like, so I'll rely on their opinion of him. However I think there were two people taking the class. So the tutor and the girl get along really well- he keeps reminding her that "he's only 2 or 3 years older than her", nudging her randomly when he walks past her seat and teasing some little things she did but once got her mark lower by correcting the other tutor's marking. She only had him for a semester but kept visiting him afterwards at uni. Then they didn't get to see each other frequently, she got a bf at the uni who was in all her classes and the tutor had his own stuff.

So given an out-of-uni context, would you still fall for him?
Yeah, I think so. He's exactly the kind of guy I like - kinda introverted, intelligent, confident with himself, and best of all, seems attracted to me (lol).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)