Dead end? (1 Viewer)

Trak

blah blah
HSC
Hi there, just have a question...

Im currently doing Business at UWS and due to some personal problems outside uni, my studies have pretty much gone down the drain. Last semester i did a full load of 4 units and was doing pretty well but had to drop all of them with a few weeks left of 1st semester due to problems that happened outside of uni...

This semester im only doing ONE unit and well, sounds stupid of me but im not going too well at it either (yes even with one unit).

So my question is, how screwed am i and what are my future opportunties to continue studies here? I would like to defer it for a 6 months or a year while i get myself back on track (but then read that to defer you must have at least passed 1 unit (i havent :(), do you think they will let me do so under extreme conditions, i.e if i can provide them with a good enough reason will they allow me?

I know i kinda left it till late but im going to go speak to the uni counsellor hopefully at the start of next week and see what advice/opportunities they might have.

Just want to know where i stand first...

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
L

LaraB

Trak said:
Hi there, just have a question...

Im currently doing Business at UWS and due to some personal problems outside uni, my studies have pretty much gone down the drain. Last semester i did a full load of 4 units and was doing pretty well but had to drop all of them with a few weeks left of 1st semester due to problems that happened outside of uni...

This semester im only doing ONE unit and well, sounds stupid of me but im not going too well at it either (yes even with one unit).

So my question is, how screwed am i and what are my future opportunties to continue studies here? I would like to defer it for a 6 months or a year while i get myself back on track (but then read that to defer you must have at least passed 1 unit (i havent :(), do you think they will let me do so under extreme conditions, i.e if i can provide them with a good enough reason will they allow me?

I know i kinda left it till late but im going to go speak to the uni counsellor hopefully at the start of next week and see what advice/opportunities they might have.

Just want to know where i stand first...

Thanks in advance
don't waste time asking students this - call or contact the admin peoples asap!

there's no use askingpeople in here really coz in reality you have no idea if they're just bullshitting you coz they like to hear their own crap or if they actually know so don't waste time when you can go straight to the source and get it sorted

earlier you get it sorted earlier you have to get yourself back on track:) gdluck

klh

HSC
yeah same as above, usually if they make you do conditioanl study [have they done thet to you?] and you fail again, you are excluded and the onyl means is to do your stuff at tafe and pass either Cert IV or a diploma before re-entering the uni for study.
BUT yeah as a reccomendation, you should try and ask the hotline, student office about wha tyou should do, yeah the councillor! i read in one of those pamphlets about going to a councillor about problems.
hope you best of luck!

Trak

blah blah
HSC
Hey thanks for those two replies :)

Will go speak to someone asap, and ahm no i havent done conditional study yet... Looks like i have a bit more room space to breath, thanks guys/girls

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
natstar said:
Oh I bet you felt the extream need to boast that. Pretty pathetic IMO. I suggest a psychologist rather than a GP- personal experience. My GP reffered me to a psychologist becuase of a similar situation I was in doing to HSC
How was that necessary?

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
natstar said:
Very much so. I was in a similar situation, i'm telling him what worked best for me
I was talking about your "Oh I bet you felt the extream need to boast that. Pretty pathetic IMO" comment.

Idiot.

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
natstar said:
Well he did, have you seen some of his other posts. Even so, who really gives a fuck
Considering almost every post of yours that I read only serves to emphasis how stupid and rude you are, you can't really talk.

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
natstar said:
You must not be able to read
Shall we compare whose posts have been more literate? Reading and writing do go together.

L

LaraB

bearpooh said:
Natie, you are a walking talking anti-advertisment for your university.
Please consider removing your university affiliation from your signature.....
why should she? you don't attend UWS so i don't see why any of us wuold care whether you think she is a good ad for the uni or not. your posts are just as unnecessarily rude

anyway, with regard to seeing doctor's who have said prior to an assessment they would eb wiling to give you appropriate documentation, i would be wary... i've been going to my GP since forever and i hardly ever get sick enough to have to see him and if i have needed medical certs for study related stuff he always sees me before making any sort of determination an apparently any other way is unethical. Just be careful if you find a doctor willing to give out medical certs willy nilly coz if you need them to back you up for any further reasons it may end up working against you.

Seeing someone other than a GP may be a good idea if it's not an illness as such, as in like, the flu or measles or something, because they may not be able to/willing to give you certification for a more psychological thing:)

Last edited by a moderator:

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
natstar said:
Once again- who cares how you spell on a forum? What is so illiterate, that it bothers you?
The initial problem wasn't with your ever-so obvious illiteracy, it was with the way that you spoke to the other person (I believe that was bearpooh) who was just trying to help the original thread starter.

I don't know you, so all I can judge you by is what you write on this forum. Once again, almost every post of yours that I happen to read is either stupid, rude or hypocritical and therefore, I can only conclude that you are a stupid, bitchy bogan. I thought, as a member of the "Benefactors" that your motives were meant to be completely altruistic, but I've read many a post of yours in which you have clearly (and I quote) "felt the extream need to boast" which is, I must say "Pretty pathetic. IMO" (your quote again, in case you didn't notice).

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
natstar said:
You clearly have not read bearpooh's posts on this forum (as a whole), and I have, and I can speak for a lot of people, when I say, he's posts are stupid, rude and un-wanted. Maybe you shoud read a bit more of my posts before making generalisations. There is a whole 10,000 + of them to read, which I can say most of them live up to the 'benefactors' style, otherwise I wouldent be one.
I actually did read the first few pages of your posts. See, I don't make uninformed judgements. I was quickly irritated though, for reasons that I won't repeat.

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
natstar said:
irritated by what exacly? The fact that I dont give a dam how I spell on a silly forum? Grab a life
Are you stupid? Or are you just pretending to be nonchalant about the whole situation? My problem isn't with your spelling, it's with your attitude towards anyone that says something you don't like. Yes, your stupidity amuses me beyond belief, not just your countless spelling mistakes but also the fact that you still think this is about your countless spelling mistakes. However, your choice to be stupid doesn't really affect anyone. Your constant bitchiness and hypocritical, elitist attitude do affect people and that is what this is all about.

You may think I'm making a big deal over nothing, but I've read more of your posts than you obviously think I have. I guess you could say that this last comment of yours was the last straw. Please, don't mistake this for me actually caring about your opinion; but I couldn't go on letting you think that everyone else thinks that the way you speak to people that you don't even know is all right.

It's funny, that you yourself once said that to succeed in the marketing industry you need to be personable. If that's the case, perhaps you need to rethink your career choices. Clearly, I'm not the one who needs to "grab a life". Why don't you grab yourself some common decency and integrity while you're at it.

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
natstar said:
As you said, the way to make generalisations about people on this forum is to look at their posts. Have you read bearpooh's posts? Like, all of them? With an attitude like that, why shouldent I not like him?
I cant help that I am opinionated. I'm allowed to oppose people that I dont like, and what they say. Its a free country. You cant generalise about me being stupid becuase I oppose people when they say something I don't like. Do you think one will succed in life if they let people step over them? You are doing exacly the same. You are having a go at me, becuase you dislike what I am saying.
I am a very personable person in 'real life', obviously you dont think that becuase you don't know me, and you are only generalising about me on the account of what I post, which is fine. I wouldent be so sure of myself if I was you.

And can I also say, that calling somebody stupid due to how they spell on an internet forum is stupid. It comes down to laziness, and yes I am lazy. Thats why I come to this forum, becuase I am too lazy to do my own school work. I'm not writing a thesis, i'm writing to a bunch of kids that I could not half give a fuck about.
I guess we're simply not going to agree on this, obviously because you're not going to agree with my opinion of you. I understand that you may not like him but I think you should still look at your own comments from a different perspective because they can be misconstrued, I mean, look at what happened here.

I'm sorry if anything I said offended you, but I too, am very opinionated and I don't like seeing people being walked over or bullied, in my eyes that's what you were doing. But let's just leave this here and get over it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)