Dead Heart (1 Viewer)

Davriel

HSC
N/A
Many people have often asked me who's tail I'm after (I know, rather crude). Is there anyone else like me who has become cold-hearted towards love? Or is it just me? If yes, please tell me why, if it's not too much to ask. My own story is rather unusual, not having anything to do with rejection or unrequieted love etc. No, I just woke up and found myself no longer able to love.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yes and no, mines a bit different. I never really beleived in love, but i used to you know like certain girls, love their personality and looks and want to be with them... sometimes it worked out, sometimes not. Right now i feel indifference, if some1 were to ask who iam after i honnestly have no answer because...i dont know i guess iam disenchanted with the whole deal and havent liked anyone in that way for over a year.

I still know lots of cool girls, girls i wouldnt mind being in a relationship with...but the thing is before i used to care about that, now if i were to start making moves and get rejected i dont really give a shit, on to the next one. Relationship or not, attracted to me or not i dont really care either way. Sure it would be cool to have some1, but i find it isnt a drive in my life at all at the moment and iam completely non fussed either way. I might post the reason why i think iam so disenchanted later...but its not because iam unhappy with my life, i just dont really need someone to share it with at the moment[likewise i wouldnt mind sharing it with someone]

テリー

HSC
i feel the same way except i was hurt by a girl, so much that it scared me..
now im only attracted to girls but dont want a "relationship - relationship" with anyone but then i have partners
i kinda became care-free as in i hardly care for any1 else except close friends nd myself, i dun c it as a good thing but i dont want to change either because being this way makes me more confident and comfortable

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
Davriel said:
Many people have often asked me who's tail I'm after (I know, rather crude). Is there anyone else like me who has become cold-hearted towards love? Or is it just me? If yes, please tell me why, if it's not too much to ask. My own story is rather unusual, not having anything to do with rejection or unrequieted love etc. No, I just woke up and found myself no longer able to love.
watch a romantic movie :)

you'll learn to looooove again.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
i don't think i am able to love anyone because i am too self-conscious and i feel guilt and pity for someone who has to be with me. also, i always feel indebted to people who are kind to me... i don't know, like i'm undeserving. i supose i have low self-esteem.

however, i do love my mum and cats so much that it physically pains me, so i guess i actually am capable of loving people. hmmm.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Frigid said:
I really dun see the need to put everyone in the "they are depressed" catagory.
It might be that his values regarding "love" are different to you and perhaps his standards are higher than your perception of love.

He really has not said he anything that would make me suspicious that he was depressed. Perhaps he is just frustrated with the prospects.

It demeans those living with depression when you make a presumption without knowing more. Sometimes there is a fine line to what is normal.

His concerns conveyed are more that he feels like he is different and unnormal without having this feeling yet.

Davriel

HSC
N/A
Thanks Pointdexter. Actually, I'm not depressed, have no self-esteem problem and am never going to need anti-depressents. However, being disenchanted with love is not my problem either. Perhaps I'm lacking something emotional? Or on closer examination, maybe I have that emotion and am supressing it deep. Way deep.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
how are we to guess your 'way deep' problem then? if it is a problem at all.

kaylz

HSC
chelsea girl said:
i don't think i am able to love anyone because i am too self-conscious and i feel guilt and pity for someone who has to be with me. also, i always feel indebted to people who are kind to me... i don't know, like i'm undeserving. i supose i have low self-esteem..
I'd just call you considerate.

*hopeful*

HSC
Davriel said:
dont worry, i havent seriously liked/been after anyones tail in 3 years, so to love someone is a long way off
(besides my family and friends) or do u not even love them ?

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
I don't love anyone (except family/relatives) simply because it leads down a dark road called commitment.
There is no way im giving up my life to live like the majority of people.
I don't want to get married and have to care more about my family than about my own ambitions. It's way too easy to slip into the mediocrity of a 9 to 5 job, a mortgage and only being able to dream about the good life.
That's why i reject love.

Davriel

HSC
N/A
I meant "way deep" as suppressed. Not some deep philosophical question.

Dr_Doom

HSC
Davriel said:
ru ok

Huzzah

HSC
Hi my friend.
Maybe you just haven't found the right person.
I did love a boy (i'm pretty sure) and he broke my heart. I was down n didn't think i cud put myself thru it again. Turns out i'm a lot stronger than i thought. The way i see it, i'm still here. After all the tears and pain, i'm back, good as new, with the experience. It in no way has affected my ability to trust, nor to love. He does not deserve that.

I now have a friend, he makes me smile and i think of him a fair bit. I admire him, and all his work.

Right now i am happy on my own. I don't need anyone, but thats not saying i WONT have anyone. I have learnt the main thing is to look after yourself, never bend if the other person wont. Look out for yourself, no one else will.

I hope you all find love, but be true to yourself. Friends will do for now, we are young ; P

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Davriel said:
Thanks Pointdexter. Actually, I'm not depressed, have no self-esteem problem and am never going to need anti-depressents. However, being disenchanted with love is not my problem either. Perhaps I'm lacking something emotional? Or on closer examination, maybe I have that emotion and am supressing it deep. Way deep.
maturity
social surroundings/peers
upbringing
current/past situations

.. is some of the things that dictates how we perceive feelings..

does ure feeling of love and joy manifest itself on other things? like ure hobbies? e..g music

the perception of love at 16-18..is just the 1st step of life long feelings and it will change.. u may indeed love but it might not be how the 'norm' expects it nor do u project it in that manner.

phatic

HSC
Heh, same here Serius - I'm growing rather indifferent about the whole affair. A girl would be nice, but I can easily live without. I used to have romantic ideas about love, but had a few failed relationships, and now I've just adjusted to the solitude, and prefer it.

I often feel cold-hearted too, due to being a pensive sort of person... When you rationalise your feelings, they seem to vanish and leave a feeling of emptiness behind. Is that what you mean maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)