Deferring course (1 Viewer)

barbernator

HSC
So I got an offer for Advanced Maths at USyd, yet after the main round was posted I changed my mind to Commerce and Advanced Maths double. Should I accept and defer my first offer? and then go again in the late round? or should I just wait for the late round offer and defer that?

cheers

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Your best bet is to always accept the offer as not doing so can result in leaving you empty handed.

Accept & defer Adv. Maths and then do the same for Adv. Maths/Comm if you get that in the late round.

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
Accept the offer, change your preferences a little, and then if you get your Late Round offer you can simply withdraw from the USyd course you've been offered.

If you decline this offer, and then luck hits you and you don't get a Late Round offer, you'll be kicking yourself.

Also, don't "defer". This means "I'm putting it for for ~a year, and will do it next year".

barbernator

HSC
Accept the offer, change your preferences a little, and then if you get your Late Round offer you can simply withdraw from the USyd course you've been offered.

If you decline this offer, and then luck hits you and you don't get a Late Round offer, you'll be kicking yourself.

Also, don't "defer". This means "I'm putting it for for ~a year, and will do it next year".
Im taking a gap year haha :)

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
Haha, in that case you'll want to accept and defer the current course, but make sure to withdraw if you get your Late Round offer that you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)