Degree In Medical Science (1 Viewer)

nottellingu

HSC
If you want to just do medicine, besides the $10000/pa i dont really see why you would choose usyd.

For ssglain and her interests usyd's combined medicine is the best thing that could've happened her.

But for most people who want to just do normal med i think unsw or uws is a better choice. In fact i know a few people that selected uws ahead of unsw !!!

The 'tsunami of med students' means that the earlier you can start your internship the better. Keep in mind that with an mbbs degree the reputation of the med school doesnt really matter.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Analeighh92 said:
Say you want to become a GP (General Practitioner)
What are the steps involved into becoming one?

Bachelor of Medical Science
2008 UAI - 91.00
Get a UAI >91
Pass UMAT
An interview with University authorities
One/ two years of general science
3rd year into Major (eg. GP)
Pass the test, get your degree
Sit for GAMSAT
Get a Job

Is that right?
I honestly laughed out loud.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
nottellingu said:
Keep in mind that with an mbbs degree the reputation of the med school doesnt really matter.
It doesn't matter in areas where they really need doctors, eg in rural Australia. Or in certain areas of medicine, eg General Practice (open up your own small business medical clinic in the suburbs somewhere).

But in some other areas of medical specialty, 'some' people have closet (or not-so-closet) superiority complexes about issues like this. Either that, or it usually comes down to an alumni network thing going on.

But generally, it's not really an issue except for those with superiority issues.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)