degrees worth less than toilet paper... (1 Viewer)

disorient

HSC
anyone got any sad sad stories of ppl who lug their asses to uni for years..whack up a massive hecs debt ...only to graduate and not be able to land a job even if their lives depended on it?

disorient

HSC
same...im so doomed...i have to stay back next yr and do my DISHONOURS YR ...lol this sem was supposed to be my last ..but damn the cookies didnt crumble my way!

synthesized

HSC
N/A
is it the result of choices you made or poor luck? or are you aiming too high for a 'prestigious' company? i'm not being arsey, i'm just curious.

Last edited:

disorient

HSC
synthesized said:
is it the result of choices you made or poor luck? or are you aiming too high for a 'prestigious' company? i'm not being arsey, i'm just curious.
ok...u got me...POOR choices my dear ... :(

stalon001

HSC
N/A
I m the 1- live example :) , did my software engineering from UTS, now changing ma career into commerce. Well there'r lots of issues involved, but still no1 to b blamed except me :) . Loking fora happy ending this time around.

SpLaTHoWA

Bite me.
HSC
nothing, just was jobless with commerce, mostly cos i did half assed applications for graduate positions cos i didnt really wanna work anyway lol

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Isn't it commonly written above toilet paper in uni "BA. Take one"?

They are pretty worthless by themselves, but a good option if you're unsure what you want to do, or got a crap UAI and are willing to work hard for a year/semester so you can transfer into something else.

turtleface

HSC
a lot of jobs advertise for staff with a "tertiary qualification", so thats where some of those degrees can come in.

I'm sure things like a BA isn't completely useless

and you can always do a grad dip of education to go teach, or a JD to become a lawyer or something like that.

disorient

HSC
SpLaTHoWA said:
nothing, just was jobless with commerce, mostly cos i did half assed applications for graduate positions cos i didnt really wanna work anyway lol
did u have shoddy grades? lol

SpLaTHoWA

Bite me.
HSC
wasnt that bad...
70 something avg
didnt fail anything at least

i did get up to partner interview stage in a late intake PWC app, but i guess im just not outgoing nuff + lacked the CA LEGT subjects... and as for the main round intakes... well... my application form answers were honest to god very shit compared with what i did for the late PWC app... so yeh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)