Desperate do i get someone elses mark (1 Viewer)

kristy_lee26

HSC
I have heard that if you are ranked first in a course you get the top HSC exam mark for that course. This works out well for me as i am ranked 3rd in Advanced English but go bad in exams, so i am desperate to find out if this is true. My teachers all seem to have different responses does anyone know?

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
If you are ranked first in the course you recieve your classes top exam mark as your internal assesment mark. Try checking more threads because these sorts of questions have been asked and answered many times already. I don't see how it "works out well" for you because you are ranked 3rd, and there are no such special priveliges for any rank other than number 1.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I'm not going to explain how the whole system works, you're just going to have to read a few of the important threads on this website.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
kristy_lee26 said:
but wouldn't it mean that no matter what mark i get in English i will get the third mark
its most likely that ur assessment mark will be the third highest... (unless u stuff up real bad).... but generally from what i've seen with students from my school... most ppl end up with an internal mark in the end according to their rankings in school...so for example whoever is ranked 3rd has always ended up with the 3rd highest internal assessment mark

however.. this does not mean u'll end up recieving the 3rd highest final HSC mark for english. If u don't perform so well ur exam mark will lower ur final HSC mark (because the HSC mark is the average of ur exam and internal assessement mark)

... and the same goes for the situation in reverse... u could get the highest HSC exam mark which may ulitimately award u with the highest final HSC mark for a specific subject...

a guy last yr was ranked 2nd internally but managed to obtain the highest HSC exam mark which gave him the highest overal HSC mark for that subject

Last edited:

kristy_lee26

HSC
physician said:
its most likely that ur assessment mark will be the third highest... (unless u stuff up real bad).... but generally from what i've seen with students from my school... most ppl end up with an internal mark in the end according to their rankings in school...so for example whoever is ranked 3rd has always ended up with the 3rd highest internal assessment mark

however.. this does not mean u'll end up recieving the 3rd highest final HSC mark for english. If u don't perform so well ur exam mark will lower ur final HSC mark (because the HSC mark is the average of ur exam and internal assessement mark)

... and the same goes for the situation in reverse... u could get the highest HSC exam mark which may ulitimately award u with the highest final HSC mark for a specific subject...

a guy last yr was ranked 2nd internally but managed to obtain the highest HSC exam mark which gave him the highest overal HSC mark for that subject

see my teachers have told me different for example i was comming second in cafs but in exams i always flog the girl that was comming 1st, therefore i was worried that if i didn't beat her than she would get my mark. This is correct, am i wrong?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
kristy_lee26 said:
see my teachers have told me different for example i was comming second in cafs but in exams i always flog the girl that was comming 1st, therefore i was worried that if i didn't beat her than she would get my mark. This is correct, am i wrong?

sorry i didn't quite understand ur question

do u mean to say that if u don't beat her internally but beat her in the HSC exam, that ur worried she'd take ur mark?

if that's the case, because she's ranked 1st her internal assessment mark will become ur exam mark (if ur exam mark was the highest in ur school).. however, no one takes ur exam mark, it remains urs, ur exam mark will not change according to ur interal rankings.. if u get 100% in the exam it stays at that and if u get 0% then u get 0%...

sorry that i didn't understand what u were trying to ask

HSC
exactly, you can come last in a course and get 100 HSC mark, and thats forever yours, but your assessment mark doesnt get adjusted nicely, but atl east you got a high HSC mark to average with your assessment mark :uhhuh:

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Arrr~

You are ranked third.

You will get the third biggest allocation of marks from the total marks achieved by your school in the HSC Exam. The 'pool of marks' achieved is divided up using your ranks and standard deviation from the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)