Diag Radiography question and other (1 Viewer)

d00d34

The Wanderer
HSC
I'll be doing Diagnostic Radiography and I'm wondering what the timetable is like. I know all the subjects are chosen for us, and so it is like full on every week? Anybody knows what the first year was like?
Also, before clinical placement, I have to get proctection of diseases like diphtheria and so on. It says I need proctection against TB. Does anybody know what TB screening entails and where do I go to get it? I live in the Parramatta area.

jest

HSC
d00d34 said:
I'll be doing Diagnostic Radiography and I'm wondering what the timetable is like. I know all the subjects are chosen for us, and so it is like full on every week? Anybody knows what the first year was like?
Also, before clinical placement, I have to get proctection of diseases like diphtheria and so on. It says I need proctection against TB. Does anybody know what TB screening entails and where do I go to get it? I live in the Parramatta area.
tb screening is a chest x ray i think

hotpot

HSC
First year is about 4-5 days a week, where ull cover some of the basic biochem etc as well as for indepth material taht relates to ur stream.

For TB, they will give u a vaccination card, which u hand to ur GP and they will organise everything for u. Basically u do a mantoux test meaning ull get a shot in the forearm, come back in ~3 days and then depending on the results, u get a chest x-ray (something ull be able to do in ur first semester)

:D have fun in radiography!

Skeeta

HSC
jest said:
tb screening is a chest x ray i think
Yes, it is. I'm fairly sure you can get it done at westmead hosp. There are also other screening places in Parra. But see your doctor, they will refer you somewhere.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i went to canterbury hospital. its just a prick under the arm to see if you have a reaction to the tiny bit of tb that they inject into you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)